Chapter 6

At the prison..

He waited for the queue to move along so the guards can search him. He walk inside the big hall with a bag on his hand after they searched the belongings in the bag. He seat down and place the bag on top of the table. His wonder around the place, it was creepy and it scared him to death. He wonder how do this people survive this place. A heavy presence sitting across him snaps him back. He frowned upon seeing her.

Bonginkosi: What happened to your face?

She faked a smile.

Sihle: Prison life.

She shrugged her shoulders. She was happy to see even though she was not sure why was he here. She thought she hated him for what she did. On the other side Bonginkosi's mind was filled with many questions. He wanted to know what really happened to her face. The once beautiful face with big marble eyes was covered by a scar that runned down her cheek all the way to the corner of her eye. 

Sihle: I thought I'll never see you again. My husband hates me I thought you would also feel the same.

Sadness covers her voice while a tear form in her eyes.

Bonginkosi: I will never hate you Sihle even if I wanted you. You gave me a life that most mother's fail to give their children. I'm just grateful you took me in and raised me like yours. Gave me the best education that my brother was deprived.

She dropped her eyes and fiddle with her fingers with tears streaming down. She wiped her tears and smiled.

Sohle: How is everyone back home?

Bonginkosi: We just buried my mother and sister last month.

A lump rose in Sihle's throat. Not only did they drive the woman to a psychiatric ward they drove her to an early drave. If she could turn the hands of time she would have done things differently.

Bonginkosi: I brought you these.

He muttered pushing the basket towards her. The pity party she was throwing herself was getting to much for him. She peak through the basket and smiled.

Sihle: Toiletries?

He smiled and nodded.

Sihle: (giggling) Sanitary towels?

He chuckled.

Bonginkosi: Sne bought those.

Sihle: (nodding) Where is she?

Bonginkosi: I left at the mall.

She faked a smile and place back the toiletries in the basket. She was hoping he would say she took Lumi to the bathroom she will join the briefly but she knew she bite more than she could chew. Sne will never forget what she did to her husband no matter what.

At the cemetery.

He cleaned the graves and places flowers on both graves. He comes here from time to time to be close to his mother and get lost in his thoughts. It was quiet in the grave yard and that was what he needed. Pinky was getting on his nerves everyday but he tries to ignore her as much as he can.

Their names were written bold for everyone to see. NOKUBONGA TSHABALALA NGCOBO on the right side and ASHLEY NHLANHLA NGCOBO on the left side. Ashley kept the name she was given to her by the Stuurmaan. She was using both names by change her surname to Ngcobo. His phone rings just as he was looking at the graves. He fishes out on his pocket and smiled when he sees the international number. He knows only his father calls them with an international number.