Chapter 21

THREE MONTHS LATER

NKOSIKHONA

Juggling school and work proves to be harder than I thought. I'm official a varsity student at the same time a waiter at night. My shifts are mostly on weekends and school holidays. During the week I just go to work when they are short staffed. At first it was difficult to do both and my manger thought it was best for me to quit the job. I begged him until he gave in. Work and school has been keeping me busy I barely have time for my woman. I know she understands my position and wants what is best for me but I also have to prioritize better.

PINKY

Life has knocked me down. I can't even stand up on my own two feet. My trust fund money ran out the day I went shopping on Truworths. My father refused to give me Ashley's share. He said that money will go to Lumi's education. It's not like Lumi needs that kind of money because he has two working parents who can afford to pay for his education. Bhuti Bonga got his share on the trust fund plus his working and also Sne is working why can't they sympathize with me. I'm not about to start on bhuti Nkosi cause he told me straight up his not spending his days in his class and weekend and holidays working his butt off only to give me money. His not my slave I should get a job. I mean have he ever took a look at myself and saw fit that I'm the working type? I'm not the working type but the housewife type that gets everything from hubby. He has to go out there and hustle for me while I look after the children, that's how I imagined my life to be not be working for someone else. I"ll rather die than behind an employee.

ULUPHIWE

I scratch the calendar and squeal in excitement. I've been counting months ever since I started dating Nkosi. Our relationship has its ups and downs at times but we make it work. School ane work has been taking much of his time and I'm happy that his taking his life seriously. I've never met someone whose hungry for education like Nkosi is. Most people at his age would have longed gave up but he thrived through the hardship he endured growing up. I admire his strength and perseverance. My job is to be beside him supporting through it all.

Today marks the 90day. It's official over and we can have sex any time from now on. My excitement grows more because my best friend is visiting me for the first time since I've relocated. She will be here for the whole weekend. I can't contain my excitement I just want to be 6pm already so I can pick her up from the airport.

BOITUMELO

I close the suitcase and put it on the floor. I'm going to Cape town to visit Phiwe. It's been a while since I last saw her. Home is no longer home for me. It feels like I'm walking into a house that I barely recognise. Scelo has been swamped with work lately and his attitude towards me just breaks my heart. I get to bed every night with tears on my eyes. He spends most of his time out and sometimes doesn't come back home for days. At first I tried to talk to him about it but he told me I was nagging him. I decided to shut my mouth and let him be. I'm tired physical, emotionally and spiritually. I'm glad God didn't put a baby in my womb or else I would have miscarried a long time ago due to stress.

Scelo: What time is your flight?

I didn't hear him come in. I thought he won't show up like he does. He tosses his phone on top of the bed and car keys.

Me: 6pm.

Scelo: Will you leave your luggage here or you will go with it?

Me: I'll drive to work with it.

Scelo: Do you need me to accompany you to the airport?

Me: No I'll drive myself thank you.

He nodded and walked to the bathroom. I hear the shower running after a couple of minutes. His phone rings I'm tempted to pick it up but I don't want to stoop on that level on snooping on my husband. I know he will never cheat on me just work has been stressing him.