Chapter 8

PINKY

I push the trolley towards the snack section at Shoprite and pick up two packets of Lays and Doritos. It was my turn to do grocery shopping and I hated each and every minute of it. I hated how crowdy the store becomes on month end. I hated breathing the same air that was filled with sweaty body odours but Bhuti Nkosi made it clear that when he comes back from work he better find the shelf packed with food. His such a bully and he enjoys bullying me around. If it was up to me I would have longed moved out but my mother saw it fit to live her entire estate to her husband instead of her children. How sick is that?

My phone vibrates in my hand as I was waiting on the till point queue. I unlock the pattern and my eyes bulge out while the phone slips out of my hands and fell on the trolley. Tears fell down on my cheeks ruining my expensive make up.

Cashier: Sisi are okay?

I realized I was drawn attention to myself. I pick up my phone and my handbag and ran out of the store with tears blurring my vision. How could Sfiso be so cruel. I had to find out on Facebook that his happily marriage. It was a picture of him and his new family. The caption was #Familyday😍❤. It looks like they were having a picnic as a family. The lady was sitting between Sfiso's thighs with a baby on her chest.

ULUPHIWE

I yawn and sip on the hot cup of coffee. It was my 5th glass of the day and I needed it to keep me awake. I didn't sleep a wink last night after that dream. It kept me awake all night, everytime I tried to close my eyes I would see how rough his strokes were and how my body reacted to his touch. I swear I need a sangoma to cleanse me because the only explaining was witchcraft. It's like he switched on a button that was hidden for others to see. He awoken feelings that I shoved them down on the drain after Msawenkosi's saga. I never knew I needed a man's touch until that stupid dream that torment my beauty sleep came along. Fuck the rules I made they are not going to give me comfort me at night nor give me an orgasm.

The annoying phone on the desk rings for the umpteenth time. I let it ring until the caller gave up. I've been on a foul mood since morning and I wasn't looking forward to attending client's today. 

Voice: (pissed) Just answer the damn phone Phiwe. Some of us are trying to work here.

I let it ring again until my boss comes flying out from his office to my desk.

Mr Murray: I've been getting calls from clients complaining all day long. (hissing) What the fuck is going on? 

I sip on my cup and look the other way. The phone rings again and he marches toward the desk and picks it up.

Mr Murray: Yes

Caller:.....

He pinches his nose bridge and fixed his gaze at him. 

Mr Murray: What? Let me get back to you.

He place the phone on the desk after hanging up.

Mr Murray: (hissing) In my office now.

He stumbled his way to his office. I yawn and place my cup on the table and walk towards his office. I walk in.

Mr Murray: Close the door.

I close the door and stumble my way in like a naughty school girl whose summoned in the principals office.

Mr Murray: What the hell is going on with you today?

He spits out venom with his chest moving up and down. The veins on his forehead indicate his really pissed.

Me: I didn't sleep well last night.