| chapter 2 |

a/n : Well hellllooooo Daniel Lachowski

niall

+

"Ma, what did you feel when you saw Dad?"

Mam just stared at me and then she blinked, a small smile on her lips that indicated she knew something.

I shifted uncomfortably but continued to look at her. I needed an answer and who better to ask than my mam who has been with my dad for so long and still look at him like he's the only sunshine in her life.

"Well what do you feel when you look at him Niall?" She asked back and I contemplated this. What did I feel?

Nervous mostly. Those nerves from knowing he was in the same room and he was only a few feet away from touching distance.

And happiness. My day would be grey but a glimpse of him and it just will be tad bit better because he exists in this fucked up world we all call life.

I was about to answer that but then I stopped. Wait. How did my mam know I had someone? I didn't tell her. I didn't tell anyone.

I pursed my lips and stared at her in shock.

"How did you know I had someone Ma?" I asked, looking down now.

"Well why else would you ask such a cheesy question?" Mam just laughed and I put a hand to my cheek. Yup, warm.

I can't even look at my own mother without feeling embarrassed nowadays. All because of that stupid stupidly gorgeous boy by the name of Harry Styles.

"So, what's his name?"

"Harry" I replied automatically but then quickly covered my mouth with my hand.

Shit. Smooth, Niall.

My mam noticed this, laughing as she put her sewing kit down. I approached her while she was doing one of those cross stitching thingies.

"Have you asked him out yet?"

I looked at her wide-eyed.

"Ma!"

"What?"

"No, no I haven't" I shook my head quickly. Wow, mam really cut to the chase with that one.

"Well you should, before someone else does" She said, giving me a wink before leaving what she was stitching on the table and walked towards the kitchen.

I snuck a glance at she was making and internally groaned. She stitched a big red heart in the middle, oh the irony.

+

"So your mom asked you to ask Harry out?" Daniel confirmed. I stepped on my skateboard and caught it in my hand.

"Basically" I shrugged.

"Then why are you waiting for?" He laughed, taking his own skateboard in his hand. We took rounds around the half pipe all evening and now it was almost 7 so we were heading towards Dan's car to catch a bite.

"I can't just ask him out! I'm younger than him, there are rules" I pointed out to him.

Daniel snorted as we got in his car and he revved the engine.

"No there are rules if he's 25 and you're under 18. Clearly you need to check the rule book"

I rolled my eyes as I fiddled with the usb cable in the glove compartment. Daniel had his iPod hooked up and i scrolled through his music library.