Chapter 14: Med kit pt. 2

3rd person POV

You woke up, laying on top of Mikey. You sat up to look at the time. It was already 1:30 in the afternoon! I mean you did stay up for a while. Mikey was still asleep in the hammock though. You decided that you should go check in on Raph and Leo too, since you didn't have enough time to see them.

You went over to Leo's room and opened the curtain. You knocked on the wall so he would know you were coming in if he was awake. Once you moved the curtain back and faced him, you were surprised that he was already awake. 

He was just chilling in bed and playing some game on his phone. When he heard the curtain move he looked over to your direction.

"Oh hey, I didn't know if you were awake or not. I wanted to make sure you were okay and everything. I brought a med kit, to help with any injuries." You said as you held up the med kit and pointed at it.

"Oh thanks! I completely forgot about some of the cuts and scraps I got from last night. I was just too tired to take care of them." He said as he patted the part of his bed next to him, signaling for you to come over. You sat down next to him and opened the med kit.

"It's nice of you to help me. I would've forgot if not for you and it would leave a nasty scar." He said as he rested his right ankle on his left knee, showing you the cut with dried blood. You took some cleaning alcohol and bandages and got to work.

"Did you check in on anybody else? How everyone else doing?" He asked a little curiously and worriedly.

"Yeah, I checked in on Donnie, Mikey, and your dad. Donnie has some claw marks on his shell, but they should heal properly, Mikey has a cuts and he finds them itchy so he scratches them a lot, and Splinter only had a few cuts so he should be fine." You said, finishing bandaging the cut and moving on to his arm.

"That's good to hear- Wait Donnie let you touch his shell?!" He said yelling a little due to shock.

"Yeah, why?" You said a little confused.

"He never lets anyone touch his shell!" Ye said a little quieter than before. 

"Huh that cool. I wonder why he let me then?" You said, going back to work on the cut.

"Maybe your just special~" He said, in a sing-songy voice. You looked a little surprised and smiled. 

"Alright I finished. You should be good." You said, lightly patting his shoulder. 

"Thanks, N/n! Be sure to check on Raph, okay?" He said as you opened the curtain.

"Will do! I'll be around if you need anything." You said as you left and headed on over to Raph's room. You knocked on the wall and moved the curtain. You looked in the room, but he wasn't in there. Where was he?

You started to search everywhere, but you couldn't find him. Then you heard a grunting noise, coming from the dojo. You leaned against the wall. You could hear him talking to him self, but you could make anything out. You decided to go in and make sure he was ok.

You opened the dojo door to see him beating up a dummy. His fists were red and clinched. You could tell he was so angry he was about to cry. He was so focused on what he was doing he didn't even realize you were there. 

"Raph, is everything okay?" You said in a quiet voice, trying not to clean him. He turned around a little startled by your presence.

"How long have you been there and what do you here?!" He asked.

"Just a few seconds. I wanted to make sure you were okay. Is everything alright? I brought a med kit if you need it. I can help you with your wombs if you need it, or I can just leave the med kit with you and you could do them yourself, if that's what you prefer." He was a little surprised by your generosity.

"Thanks Y/n, but I already took care of my wombs. How are my brothers did you check on them?" He asked a little worried for their sake.

"Yeah, their all a little hurt, but they'll all be fine. May I ask why your hear though and not resting?" You said placing the med kit down and walking towards him.

"I was just trying to get better. If I was better, if I was a better leader, then maybe we would've been able to stop him a lot sooner. I just- I need to be better." He said a little shook, but determined. Then he continued beating up the dummy.

"Raph you need to take a break okay? You need to rest like your brothers." You said calmly. 

"I can't rest!" He said punching the dummy across the room. Then It hit the wall. He sat down on the floor hiding his eyes in his arms. 

"I should've been better." He said as you walked over to him. You rested a hand on his shoulder and rubbed circles on his shoulder with your thumb. 

"You did amazing. Your team did amazing. You were fighting the shredder. Sure it's going to be difficult, but you stopped him. You and your brothers are heros." You said. Then he lifted his head and looked at you. He smiled.

"Thank Y/n. I really needed that." He said getting up and so did you.

"You hungry? I was thinking on making pancakes for you and your brothers." 

"That would be nice. Thank you." He said. You both headed over to the kitchen. Donnie was already in there drinking coffee and Leo was there talking to Mikey, who was making him some tea. 

"Hey how would you all like some pancakes?" You said as you entered the kitchen. Everyone got really excited.

"Yeah baby! My pancakes are good, but Y/N's are legendary!" Mikey said as everyone cheered. Then you started to make the pancakes.

----------------------

1015 words

Thank you for reading! 

Constructive criticism is always appreciated! Ye 🧡