-Chapter Two-

Jedidiah woke up on the tiles by the center benches. He was nude, cold, confused. Besides that, he felt... manhandled. Upon observation, he had a chunk of hair missing by his right temple, a bruise in the crook of his right arm, and a dry mouth.

He saw his clothes scattered behind him. He stood up, sore; bruised, and hobbled over to his belongings.

Now clothed, he used the bottom of the bench as a support as he walked.

"OCTAVIUS!"

"OCTAVIUS!!"

"OCTAVIUS, WHERE ARE YA'?!"

This continued on, Jed staggering around as fast as he could, yelling into an empty room. Eventually, he tripped, and, on his knees, he cried.

For the first time since the big sandstorm (aka: Cecil put the fan too close to the West), Jedidiah Smith cried real tears.

"OCTAVIUS! THIS AIN'T FUNNY! YA' GOTTA BE HERE! YA' GOTTA... Ya' gotta..." he curled in on himself, ignoring aching bones, "Ya' gotta be okay, ya' stupid... toga wearin'... literate..." His cries broke through pained yelling.

"Jedidiah, my boy. What's got you looking so mollycoddle?"

The miniature looked up at Teddy with reddened eyes.

"TEDDY! You gotta gimmie a lift! Please!"

"Now, I do believe I just heard Jedidiah Smith use the word 'please' willingly. Perhaps I can be of assistance for something other than a lift? Tell me what's happening, boy." He looked down at the tiny man in his palm.

Jed took a deep breath, and told Teddy everything he knew.

Ten minutes later, Ahk, Larry, and Sacagawea were all informed, and the manhunt began.

Fifteen minutes after that, they had found Not-Aapo, and the group split off. Teddy and Sacagawea looked for Octavius; Ahk and Larry looked for the painting of an old man Aapo had somehow swapped with. Thank goodness for that one incident at Cambridge, or they never would have guessed. The second group succeeded in fixing things nearly immediately.

     A total of forty-five minutes had passed  when Octavius' cape had been found.

     An hour after Jed had woken up, the sun rose, and he froze, skin turning to plastic, tears painted his face, lifeless body curled around a small piece of red fabric.

     Octavius had not been found.

[]_[]_[]_[]_[]

     Octavius woke up the next morning with no memory of the previous night.

He walked back to his diorama, confused, feeling a sense of dread. He was sure something bad had happened, but no physical cues could have remained after daytime. The tablet always healed any injuries they may have had.

"Octavius!"

"Yes, Larry?" He smiled up at the giant, "May I be of assistance?"

"Assistance? Do you not remember yesterday?"

"No, now that you mention it."

"Oh. Just... come with me."

Larry, after informing the Romans that their Praetor was okay, brought Octavius to the break room. This was an immediate cause for concern because no one, even Teddy or Ahk, was allowed in the break room. It was a Daley-only space.

"Larry, is everything alright?"

The only response was being put down. At first, he was confused, but as soon as he heard crying, his questions were drowned out.

"Jedidiah?"

The noise stopped, and a hesitant voice spoke back.

"Octavius?"

"Yes, it's me. Are you alright? Are you hurt?"

Jedidiah appeared from behind a cup of pens, shaking and holding a familiar cape.

"Am I okay?"

"Well, yes, you are crying."

Jedidiah said nothing, but hugged us friend tightly.

"I thought I lost you."