-Chapter Seven-

To say Jedidiah was angry didn't cut it. He had managed to follow the guard all the way to the forbidden break room, where he was sure Octavius was being held. He managed to get there before the door closed. He even managed to avoid getting hit with the door, and had prepared himself to crawl under the crack between the wooden barrier and the floor.

     He would have gotten away with it... had Larry not blocked his path was a towel.

     "HEY! HOW DARE YOU! HOW DARE YOU TREAT JEDIDIAH AS IF THOUGH HE WERE NO MORE THAN A COMMON ANT!" He kicked and pummeled at the scratchy surface, but made no progress. Eventually he wore himself out and slid down the door frame into a sitting position.

     Mark his words, he will find a way in.

[]_[]_[]_[]_[]

     "You doing okay, Octavius?"

     "Of course, Larry. I still reserve that there is nothing wrong with me to begin with."

     "People with nothing wrong don't faint in the middle of training," Larry's eyes traced the clothing rope, "However, sick people don't tend to... do that."

     Octavius blushed. He had assumed he had more time before Larry checked on him, and while he had put the furniture back (and was now sitting on a couch) he hadn't yet figured out how to hide his makeshift rope.

     "Don't worry about it, I'm sure you had a good reason. Just... don't do that again? Anyway, the doctor we ordered you came in the mail. I explained everything to her and got her some supplies. Come on, I'll take you to her little set up,"

     Larry stuck his hand into the tote, noting with a frown the small general's decreased speed. He quickly ushered Octavius over to a tiny doctor's office, where a blonde girl was diligently setting up. The general got placed down, and, seeing this woman's professional attire, began to feel uncomfortable in his (albeit plain) crop top dress.

     "Hello..."

     "Octavius"

     "Hello Octavius. Pleasure to meet you. Go ahead and sit down on that table, I'll finish drawing up the charts and be right over," She looked up at Larry with attitude larger than should have been possible, "I'm sorry sir. Doctor patient confidentiality... please leave,"

     "But what if you need somethi-"

     "I'm sure I'll figure it out. Why don't you comfort the blond man you left outside earlier,"

     Oct perked up a bit at this. He had thought he heard an angry cowboy earlier, and his heart soared knowing it was his angry cowboy.

     There is a difference between being admired and being loved, he noted to himself, blushing a little before correcting his brain: ...loved in a familial or friendly way.

     He knew Jed was fighting to get in.

     "Okay, so, a few questions. One. Do you know your factory height and weight, and does it change when you're alive?"

     "All miniatures are exactly 3 inches and 4.5 grams. This shouldn't change from night to day,"

     The doctor scribbled on her clipboard.

     "Do you have heart beats or temperatures?"

     "While living, yes,"

      "How about blood?"

     Octavius winced, and traced a scar. "...yes," He watched the doctor- Polly- take a deep breath, and he knew it was going to be a while.

[]_[]_[]_[]_[]

     "E's... at the doctors?"

     "Yup.

     "A modern one? With all the who's-e-what's-it's Nick was telling me about?"

"Yeah, she has pretty much anything a doctor could ever need. There were stickers I had to put around her little office, and she had me set up a little privacy curtain?" Jed don't look convinced, "Plus, she found out that since her drawers came unlabeled, she can pull anything she needs out of them,"

Jed seemed to relax a little, and he sunk to the floor. The floor, in this case, was the counter in front of Larry, who stopped to get a water bottle and was now drinking it.

"Gigantor... I think I wanna marry Octy,"

Larry spit out his mouthful of water.