-Chapter Five-

It took two days for Jedidiah to come to terms with his love for a man, and a third to come to terms with his love being specifically for Octavius.

After those days (none of which marked Octavius' return) he decided to ask around and see if anyone knew where the Roman went.

[]_[]_[]_[]_[]

"Alright, Octavius, here you go," Larry spoke to his little friend, "A friend of mine made these clothes with your dimensions. I found them on file. She was confused, the best excuse I had was that it was for Nicky... I'll have to tell him before he sees Ruth next." He chuckles, puts down the clothes, and hurriedly runs out of the room when he hears a crash.

Octavius waited until he exited, and removed his armor. He sighed in relief and continued undressing. In the future, he decided, he should really spend less time in his armor.

He quickly tugged on the pants. In the back of his mind, he noticed that the waist was a bit tight, but it didn't register something was wrong until he slipped on the top.

Usually, he had chiseled abs: a side effect of constant training... and being molded that way.

But today, as he pulled the shirt down, his hands brushed a lump. A lump seemingly attached to his front.

Feeling shaky, he slowly lifted the hem of the shirt and looked into the Barbie mirror perched to his right.

His stomach protruded unnaturally. It formed a little bump that nestled between his hips. It stuck off his normally thin frame. His breathing became more sporadic as he slowly moved a hand to cup it.

It was solid, warm, and overwhelmingly part of him.

Octavius, being the brave, Roman soldier he is, chose this moment to pass out.

[]_[]_[]_[]_[]

"Where's 'e at, Gigantor?"

Larry was preoccupied with getting a caveman unstuck from a sink, "Where's who, Jed?"

"You know who! Now tell me, 'fore I whip out m' barking irons!"

"Not now Jed, busy, sorry."

"Yes now, ya' yellow-belly! Tell me where my wheel-horse is! I's been four days!"

"Oh, you lost your horse?"

Jed let out a shout of frustration and rode off, looking for Ahk, or maybe Nicky.

Instead, he found Teddy.

"Teddy! You seen Octy?!" He yelled up.

"Hold on there, I can't hear you," Teddy picked the little man up, "What was it you were saying?"

"Wus wonderin' if you've seen Octavius. 'E's been missin' since 'e blacked out earlier this week," he sighed and sat down, "'M worried about 'im."

"Well, that is understandable. You care for him an awful lot."

"It seems everyone figured that out 'fore I did," he flopped down on Teddy's palm, "But I know now. N' 'm done beatin' the devil around th' stump. T' me, 'e's the biggest toad in this crazy puddle. Couldn't bear it if anythin' bad happened to 'im."

"Bully! I don't understand a lick of what you're saying my boy, but I feel the passion in your voice and wish you luck on your quest."

     "...so you don't know where he is?"

     "Not a clue. I believe young Nicholas is in the Egyptian exhibit with Ahkmenrah. They've agreed Arabic lessons are on Friday nights."

    "Thank ya' Teddy," he was put on the ground.

     "Any time, cowboy."