-Chapter Ten-

Polly pocketed the coins and looked up at Larry.

"I assume because I'm not an exhibit. I never had a past, so all I know is the present. My job is a part of me like being praetor is part of Octavius,"

Larry thinks about this, then smiles.

"Well, I'm sure you're always welcome in both Rome or the West. Especially after helping them,"

"Them? Is the Sheriff is sick too?"

"No," Larry smiled and gestured over to the two, now hugging in the tote, "But they're kind of a package deal,"

He walked out of the room after Polly declined his offer of a ride. He came back later to find her frozen in the position she came in. A short walk revealed Octavius and Jedidiah standing in their normal poses so Larry could put them back. The only difference was a small painted band now visible on both of their left hands.

[]_[]_[]_[]_[]

     Octavius woke up alone in the tote once again. He wasn't so much surprised as disappointed.

     The dizziness still hadn't gone away.

     He laid down on the couch, closing his eyes and hoping the world would quit spinning. He felt silly, but he knew if he tried to stand, he would fall.

     It felt like forever before Larry brought in Jed. The cowboy's face was bright red, and Larry seemed to be laughing at him. Octavius sat up, feeling slightly better, and watched, amused.

     "'S not funny, Gigantor! I wan'ned to tell 'em with Octy there!"

     "You're just mad because they started congratulating you in the most obnoxious way they could,"

     Jed got placed down in the tote.

     "'M sorry, Octy, I didn't think they'd catch me fidgeting with the ring through my gloves,"

     Octavius laughed a little, "Well, I suppose they've earned their knowledge,"

     Jed plopped down beside his fiancé.

     "They had me stuck. Put their arms 'round m' shoulders like ya' do when ya' know yer friend's gonna run fer it," he held back a laugh, "Asked me who the girl was,"

The two men exploded with laughter Jed continued, wiping a tear from his eye:

     "Then, after I sat there sputtering 'tween their comments, they told me not ta' worry, 'cause they knew it was you,"

An hour later, the two were still in the tote, enjoying each other's company. Jedidiah, surprisingly observant, had watched Octavius shift, pull at his clothing, and take deep breaths for roughly ten minutes now.

     "Are... you okay, Octy?"

     "Of course," He said a little too quickly, "What would make you think otherwise?"

     A frown pulled at Jed's lips.

     "Yer just... shiftin' a lot, I guess. You don't look comfortable," When he saw his fiancés mouth open, he continued, "An' it's okay if ya' aren't! That's what I'm here for right now, ta' make you feel more comfortable,"

     Octavius seemed to think on it, and eventually turned his head away, his hand held up by his mouth.

     "I am uncomfortable,"

     "Alright, good start! What's uncomfortable?"

     "... I am... dizzy... and nauseous, because of the smell of Larry's coffee... and..." his face heated up and he turned further away, "My pants are too tight,"

     "Well, that last one should be a simple fix; ya' don't normally wear pants anyway," Jed took his lasso off his belt, and hooked it to a chip in the tote, ready to climb out, "I'll fix the other things, don't worry,"

[]_[]_[]_[]_[]

     "You need to run more tests? I thought you said the screen would say what's wrong?"

     "It... came to a diagnosis. But it can't be correct. We're going to have to do this the old fashioned way,"

     "Can't be correct? I thought you said-"

     "Forget what I said, okay? This can't be the answer," She seemed to realize that she was in a museum, magically being brought it life, and sighed, "...If it is, then we're going to have to figure out how. Quickly,"

     "Quickly? Is it that dire? Are there any cures?"

     "Cures? It's not something you can just cure, Larry,"

     "Why, what did the screen say?"

     Polly swallowed, and looked up to Larry.

     "It said he's pregnant,"