4. Fog of death.

┌── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┐004└── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┘

┌── ⋆⋅⋅⋆ ──┐
004
└── ⋆⋅⋅⋆ ──┘

‧₊˚ ୨୧ ˚

I WOKE UP TO THE SOUND OF GROANS, AGAIN. Jasper had been moaning in pain, which caused some trouble. Everyone kept yelling to shut him up, or something. They were right, but he was in pain so I didn't say anything. Clarke stayed by his side, pretty nice of her. Monty was there too. I felt real bad for him. Clarke looked over at me and began walking over.

"You took off your wristband?" she asked, her eyebrows furrowed. I nodded my head and kept my mouth straight. "That's not a good thing, but it's alright." I looked away from her. Whoops I guess.

I listened to the groans and yelling. I listened all night until the sky became bright again and all the stars disappeared. I'll admit, it was super annoying though. I stood up and tied my jacket around my waist. "Monty, I'm going outside," I informed him, he gave me a nod of acknowledgment. I climbed down the ladder, slowly and carefully.

People were whispering about Trina and Pascal. Apparently, they had gone missing. It felt weird because I had gone out too, maybe the grounders were busy getting them than me. Obviously, I didn't tell anyone I went out there. They'd think I killed them. Atom left to find the two. I went to get water, but first I had to show them I had no wristband. They were gatekeeping everything at this point. I guess I'm a bit glad I had taken it off and gotten it over with. My wrist was still bruised but didn't hurt as much. Another reason why I was up all night, I couldn't really handle the pain. It's not like I cried or anything, but it hurt real bad.

I sat on a huge log, dangling my feet. Charlotte was sitting there too, she was only a few inches away from me. "How old are you?" she questioned, her voice was soft and gentle. Mine was more loud, and maybe even grating.

"Ten," I replied firmly. My back was hunched and my arms held on the log, supporting my weight.

"You're young. What are you here for? Did they float your parents too?" Charlotte had a lot of questions. I wanted to answer but I was afraid she'd be scared of me. She didn't know who I was, but I knew who she was. And if she found out who I was, I don't think she'd talk to me and I want to talk to her.

"I uhm, stole medicine. They floated my dad, I don't know about my mom," I lied, stuttering. I mean, it was a bit true. My dad was dead and my mom, well I have no idea.

"They floated both my parents. They said I assaulted a guard because I sort of lashed out." She seemed a bit tense, nervous almost. Maybe she knew I was lying. I didn't want her to be afraid of me. She's the closest to my age here, maybe I could talk to her. I nodded my head at her in acknowledgment.