⚜ - s i x t e e n - ⚜ (yandere! m. mermaid x f. reader)

|| continuation of chapter 14 ||

After the first incident where you dreamed of the little merman last time, you realized that as long as you fall asleep, you can come back to his world, and as long as you woke up from your slumber, you can go back to your own world, it really was a win-win situation for you now that you can spend time with the merman and go back to your own world without worrying about anything.

Thinking about that again, you still remembered how you had gone straight to the bed after you got home from a long tiring day at school, and the next thing you knew, you were lying on the mattress in the hut you cleaned.

Words can not describe how confused you were, until you see a curious eyes peeking from the door and realized it was the merman. As soon as the merman saw that it was you in the hut, he immediately cried and ran off to your embrace like a child running to his mother, causing an undescribable warmness expanded in your chest and you returned his hug back, feeling content and happy.

"I-I was so worried!" He stuttered, tears running down his cheeks like a waterfall before it turned into sea glasses on the floor. "You suddenly tu- turned into seafoam, I tho- thought you die be- because of me, I feel so guilty, (Y/n)!"

However, despite how depress he was at that time, you could not help but burst out laughing at his immense cuteness
Imagining a beautiful merman that you had a crush on suddenly running into your lap and ranting about how worried he was in tears, anyone could not resist but smile at that cuteness.

In response, the merman pouted and pushed you away with a huff. His cheeks turned red at the thought of you making fun of him as he started to regret being worried over you for nothing. Hell, he could not even have a normal conversation with the princess without crying because the immense guilt he felt for being the cause of your death was too great.

You wiped your tears away, trying to cease your laughter in the hope to appease his anger down, but it did not seem to work and you started to regret ever laughing at him.

The merman gave you what they called 'silent treatment' and you have no clue what to do to pacify him. Thinking of something, you get out from the hut, hoping that the merman would follow you at least, however, he did not do such a thing and let you entered the woods all by yourself.

A minute passed and he was starting to get worried. He knew that he should not be so closed with a stranger but you were his first friendーwith the princess being his soulmateーand mermen were a soft creature, especially a young one like him, so he immediately went into the woods to track you down.

To be honest, he was scared of the woods. They are like a maze, confusing, and if you are not careful enough, you might get lost and trapped inside it forever, just like how he was afraid of the deepest depth of ocean, there was nothing but darkness and scary fishes under, causing him to be an outcast for being so timid. Even his little cousin was more brave than him despite being smaller.

However, he did not expect that a woods would be such a beautiful place when he was met with you sitting in the center of flowers with a transparent water lake beside you. His jewel-like eyes glimmer in awed at the sight.

At that moment, you had noticed him and casually suggested for him to go swimming in the lake, and he found himself nodding at your suggestion before departed to his fishtail and came running back to swim in the lake.

As the crystal clear water kissed his skin, the merman let out a satisfied moan as he played in the water, vowing himself that he would show the princess such a beautiful place.

And as he moved his fishtail in the water, he then felt something was placed on top of his head and realized you had made a flower crown and put it on him. In awed and gratitude, he traced his webbed fingers softly on the flowers, careful not to break your fragile creation.