To Survive (Chapter 1, part 6)

Author's note: Sorry, I forgot to release Yesterday's chapters, but now I will, I just have a lot going on.

"Mm, ahem, this is a school announcement. It is now 10 p.m. As such, it is officially nighttime. Soon the doors to the dining hall will be locked, and entry at that point is strictly prohibited. Okay then...sweet dreams, everyone! Good night, sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite..." the familiar voice of Monokuma says.

"Oh, um, Sayaka, I should probably get ready to go to bed" I say.

"Oh okay" she replies.

"Trust me, it was very great talking to you."

"Same."

Sayaka smiles at me.

"Well I am off" I say.

"Okay, see you Tomorrow!" she exclaims.

"Okay" I reply.

I then head off.

I go to my dorm, and sit on my bed. I sigh. I have had a long day, mostly with Sayaka but still. I am already tired. To tired to just walk around, or take a shower.

"I can do that stuff Tomorrow" I mutter to myself.

As my eyelids began to slide closed...the conversation I'd had with Sayaka that morning began to replay. In a way, it's almost frustrating... Even if I understand where her desperation is coming from, I can't share in it. The pressure she's under is way different from anything a normal high school like me goes through. She didn't just stumble into this school the way I did. So I can't say I feel things the way she does. Compared to her...no, compared to everyone else here...there's no doubt I just don't match up. I guess that might explain my own frustration...

I hear the last of Monokuma's voice for today

"Ahem, so...I'm sure that you've noticed the killing game has begun, but... there's still room for a little laughter. It seems our newest students, already so filled with despair, still have some hope of escape! Puhuhu... So when will it begin? When will their hope begin to die? Is it time yet? Is it time!? Heartpounding excitement!"

I let all my stress go away, and drift to sleep.

Almost like I never fell asleep, I hear another announcement.

"Good morning, everyone! It is now 7 a.m. and nighttime is officially over! Time to rise and shine! Get ready to greet another beee-yutiful day!" Monokuma exclaims.

My eyes open, I still lay in bed for a few minutes, I watch as a clock ticks, ticks, and ticks, for five minutes straight.

My vision clears, and I get out of bed, I get some clothes on, and head out. 

Morning has come. What should I do today?  I think to myself.

"Uh, I guess I'll go give Leon and Byakuya those presents."

I head out of my dorm, attempting to find them.

I find Leon in the halls of the Dormitory.

"Hello Leon" I say, as I yawn.

"What are you doing, Akira!? We gotta hurry up and find a way outta here!" Leon exclaims.

"Well, I just woke up" I say.

"If I do that, I better actually let my body wake up first."

"Hey Akira...?"

"Yeah?"

"Y-You're not trying to get me alone so you can kill me, are you...?"

"What! No way! I would never kill you!"