Daily Life (Chapter 3, part 4)

I sit down in a chair, everyone is talking about all the crazy things what went on recently.

"Why hello there!" Monokuma exclaims.

"Wh-what are you doing here?" Taka asks.

"Oh, I wanted to give you guys a present!" Monokuma exclaims.

What? What do you mean a present? What is he going to do to us?

"Follow me and I will give you guys a present!" exclaims Monokuma.

I don't want to follow him... but I put my mind aside and I follow him... hoping to not regret it.

"The present is ten million dollars for whoever survives!" Monokuma exclaims.

"Th-that's just messed up," Hina says.

"Is life so unworthy to you that you could just put a price tag on it?" Sakura asks.

Sakura glares at Monokuma, anger in her eyes. I can see her eyes tense, just like me Sakura looks at the deep layers of Monokuma's sinister red eye.

"Have fun!" Monokuma exclaims.

He then waddles off like a penguin with an evil grin on his face.

"We wouldn't do this to each other! We are friends, right?" asks Hina.

No response.

"Right?" she asks.

"Right," Sakura says.

"Friends don't kill each other," Sakura says.

"That is a fake friend but a terrible friend too," Hina says.

"Friends, you really believe in friends? You believe in each other to push you forward? You have seen what happened! We aren't friends, we are enemies here! Just look Sayaka, dead. Chihiro, dead. Everyone will die, and all your "friends" are going to take the first opportunity they get to kill you! To get this money they will kill you. Look, Taka's "friend" Mondo was such a great friend, and oh look he killed Chihiro!" exclaims Byakuya.

"Don't mention him!" exclaims Taka.

"Whatever," Byakuya says.

"How do we know that you won't kill us?" Makoto asks.

"If I were to kill any of you, I would have done it already," Byakuya says.

"Now unless you people have anything valuable for my time, leave me alone," Byakuya says.

"All you do all day is talk about how much better you are then the rest of us, and all the money you have. Instead, why don't you actually help us instead of confusing us in these trials?" asks Makoto.

"You are trying to force me to do something. Look, you should be glad I haven't killed anyone, now leave me alone," Byakuya says.

He then walked away, leaving the rest of us in silence.

"B-byakuya, it is a-alright," Toko says.

Toko follows Byakuya, but he ignores her.

"What a rude person," Hiro says.

"Yeah," Hina agrees.

"Akira," Kyoko says.

"Yes?" I ask.

"We should investigate," she says.

"Yeah," I reply.

We go and investigate, everyone else eventually did their own thing, but we stayed together.

"We will meet back up here in two hours," Kyoko said.

"Alright," I replied.

I looked and looked but eventually I saw it. The tape. The tape Monokuma gave to Sayaka Maziono, the first person to die. I had to see what made her so sad, scared, tramuatized with this tape. I put it in, and a video started to play.

I breathe in and out, ready to see the worst.

Bright and cheerful music played on the tape. It showed what seemed to be a concert, five female pop singers are singing as a crowd cheers. But the one in the front of it all, was Sayaka. The four other pop singers being her friends... her friends dearest to her. They are all so happy, it makes me feel worse. It makes me feel even worse for not being able to protect her, to save her, I-I promised her... I am still sad even if she tried to get me to feel the horrible exucetion. I remember her body, seeing it for the first time. I try to not think of that. On the tape I heard the horrible bright voice of Monokuma.

"Sayaka Maizono, the Ultimate Pop Sensation-lead singer for a very famous pop band."

"This band was making lots of money! They were beautiful! Most importantly, they are happy, or they were..." Monokuma's voice deepens. 

The screen goes black. The music stops. I hear breathing, heavy breathing. More and more breathing. You can hear a heart pumping very fast. A blood-chilling scream is heard, and more and more and more. The breathing stops, one last scream... the screen was panned up, but it slowly and slowly started to pan down. Oh no... it stops and even slower panned down. Then, I saw it. The thing what made Sayaka so upset... I saw the four other girls, lying on the floor. Blood everywhere. I almost gasped. Sayaka was nowhere to be seen. The stage was broken. Oh my god. They were all killed.

"Well, it looks like this band split up! And none of them will ever feel happy again!" Monokuma exclaimed.

Monokuma then laughed, a horrible sinister laugh.

I am so sorry Sayaka...

Eventually, we come back.

"Did you find anything?" Kyoko asks.

"Something..." I say.

"What is it?" Kyoko asks.

"Sayaka's tape from the beginning," I say.

"What did it show?" she asks.

"Her friends... dead," I say.

"Oh," she says.

"Did you find anything?" I ask.

"Nope," Kyoko replies.

"Alright," I reply.

We had the nighttime meeting and then went back to our dorms.

"Ahem, this is a school announcement. It is now 10 p.m. As such, it is officially nighttime. Soon the doors to the dining hall will be locked, and entry at that point is strictly prohibited. Sweet dreams, everyone! Good night, sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite..." Monokuma said.

I sigh, as I lay in my bed. I pull the blanket up to me, but I feel uncomfortable. I let it go, and it slides back. Still uncomfortable. It is my mind, seeing dead bodies really changes you... forever. Once I get out of this school if I do, I will have therapy sessions. Another day... Tomorrow is another day. Hopefully Tomorrow isn't such an emotional and terrifying day. I close my eyes, and drift to sleep.