Deadly life (Chapter 1, part 1)

Author's note: This chapter is a little short but don't expect multiple chapters, just saying that there will be short chapters and long chapters "Blending" in.

"All I remember is see him black out," I say.

2 hours earlier, the pain... the torture... the despair.. something terrible was discovered, something that will haunt the happiest of the days, and dig into your brain. Death.

Makoto wakes up and groans.

"Uh... hello?" he asks.

"Get up," Junko says.

Makoto makes his way up off the floor. He blinks several times, adjusting to the bright light.

"Ah! You're awake! Finally! Are you okay?" asks Hina.

"Now's no time for sleeping. Get up," Mondo says.

"Huh...?"

"You were unconscious, dude. I had to carry you back here," Yasuhiro says.

"It's no surprise, considering what happened" Sakura says.

"What...happened?" asks Makoto.

Suddenly, Makoto's stunned, the breath is knocked out of him, suddenly, he starts shaking.

"Makoto!" Hina exclaims.

Makoto snaps out of it.

"NO!" he exclaims.

"It wasn't... a dream...?" he asks.

The room goes silent.

"That's right. It really did happen. Sayaka...is dead" replies Byakuya.

"N-no, she can't be dead! No she isn't dead, she can't be! She h-has to be alive, there has to be a misunderstanding... there has to be! I swear!" exclaims Makoto.

"Makoto... I am sorry but she's really dead..." I say.

"No! Akira, no! I have to see for myself!" Makoto exclaims.

Mondo grabs Makoto's shoulder.

"Listen to me, man she is dead, and she always will be..." he says.

"NO! NO! NO!!! She isn't dead, I have to see for myself, I do!" Makoto exclaims.

"Stop," Mondo replies.

"She is dead."

"Well what good is it gonna do just sitting around here!? I mean, why are we all hanging out in the gym at a time like this!? Our friend...Sayaka...she's... She's dead!" exclaims Makoto.

Then I think it hit him, dead...

"NO!!!" he exclaims.

He falls to the ground in a heap of tears, he can't stop crying. He won't.

All I can do is look away, I don't want to bring attention to me, by seeing my mask less face, be filled with tears. I sigh. I hear his screams and cries, I can't bear to look back. I remember Sayaka's dead body, lifeless and limp, dead. Pink blood covered all over her and on the walls. So much blood when I think of it, it makes me cry and shudder.

"None of us want to be here right now, either," Kyoko says.

"Then why are we even here...?" asks Makoto.

"Sh-Shouldn't it be obvious? Monok-kuma...he told us all to c-come here..." Toko says.

"Well, hold on! Don't talk like that. We all protested against it! I mean, we remember the terrible price Sayaka had to pay..." Taka says.