Deadly Life (Chapter 1, part 2)

The room goes silent, no one dares to go against Monokuma's wishes. All that's heard is gasps.

"W-what the h-heck?" Hina asks.

"I don't..." Chihiro begins and stops.

"Th-This can't be real," says Leon.

"NO WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYY!" exclaims Hifumi.

"Y-you k-killed h-her..." Toko says in shock.

"Yes, I did," Monokuma says casually, not seeming to care.

"Hmm... two people are dead..." Byakuya says.

"WHAT DID YOU DO!?" Makoto's voice booms.

He walks to Monokuma.

"Makoto! NO! GO BACK!" I yell at him.

I violently yank him back, I know it might have hurt him, but it's better to be hurt than dead right now.

"Watch out young boy, you might be the next person killed..." says Monokuma.

"Anyways," begins Monokuma.

"Now I am painfully aware of the great power and meaning of a promise... I really wanted to keep a corpse from popping up for no good reason, ya know?" he asks.

No one replies.

"But I guess you all needed to be taught a lesson, after all. Ahh, what an amazing promise! But now you guys understand, right?" he asks.

Still, no one replies.

"Now you see just how serious I am... Defy me and you could get shot, exploded, buried alive, disintegrated...etc. So if you don't want that to happen to you, you'd best obey those school regulations!" he exclaims.

Just behind Monokuma lays her dead body. Junko's body had been impaled with a bunch of spears... An unbelievable amount of blood started pouring out of her body. It was the first time I'd ever seen...the moment someone's life came to an end. Nobody there could deny what they'd seen. Junko, who until just a second ago had been our friend...was dead. She'd died. She'd been murdered. In simple terms...it was the death of a human being.

"It's really not all that shocking. She just died, that's all. Just went and died. It's no more remarkable than the inevitable demise of the entire human race. It's just as natural as the eventual end of the world itself," he says.

"This isn't any old or new superhero comic. So it's not like when you die, you didn't *really* die."

"This is reality!" exclaims Monokuma in an evil laugh.

"...Why did you have to kill her? Didn't you say you would put her in prison or something?" asks Kyoko.

"I changed my mind," Monokuma simply says.

"No, you've been wanting to kill this entire time," Kyoko says.

 "Kill this entire time...? Don't be silly, you can't kill time! Or are you being meta? Are you saying I wanted to waste time this whole time?"

"She doesn't mean it like that, man," Yasuhiro says.

"Anyways, none of that matters right now. I have something I'd like to give you to help you in your search for the blackened!" exclaims Monokuma.

Monokuma shows us a file, it's labeled "The Monokuma File".

"This little file has all the information I've gathered about the death in question. I like to call it... The Monokuma File! I mean, naturally you guys aren't experts at this kind of thing, so you can only do so much with a corpse. So instead, I've gathered up everything I know about the circumstances and cause of death," Monokuma says.

"What's that? How do I know the cause of death, you ask?"

"Cuz the surveillance cameras picked up the whole thing! I got to see it all go down!" he exclaims.

"Wait, so then...you know who killed Sayaka?" Kyoko asks.

"Of course I do! If I didn't, I couldn't possibly pass a fair and accurate judgment during the trial, now could I?"

"That's a good point. The judge has to be able to make the proper decision. That's...somehow comforting," Kyoko says.

"Why don't we just look at the cameras to find out who the murderer is...?" asks Makoto.

"Because that wouldn't be any fun? Would it? No! Far from it actually..." Monokuma says.

"Now then, please put your full effort behind your investigation! After all, you don't have any choice but to give it your best shot! Seriously, you don't have a choice! Okay, so we'll meet up for the class trial...in a little while!" exclaims Monokuma.

And with that, Monokuma disappeared once again. He left us stunned and confused... He left us at a total loss. He left us with Junko's dead body growing colder right in front of us.