chapter 1

Amelias POV

I finish my tiring shift, and just as I'm locking up the coffee shop, I get a call. I pull my phone out my pocket and answer it without looking at the name.

S- Hey amelia

A- Hey scar, what's up?

S- Are you at your house?

A- No, I've just locked up the coffee shop. I should be home in about 10 minutes. Can you wait till I'm home?

S- Yeah. But hurry up I don't want to wait for ages.

A- Yeah, yeah. I'll call you when I'm home. Love you, bye.

S- Love ya bye.

Once I hang up I begin the torturous  walk back to my apartment. I put my earbuds in and turn my playlist on before putting my phone back in my pocket and continuing the walk home. When I get home I forget about telling scarlett I'd ring her back and put the Man City vs. Man United game. I have supported City since I found out my old childhood bestfriend and neighbour plays for them, Lucy. I pull out my phone and go onto her Instagram and go to her recent post.

@lucybronze

Caption: with one of my fav girls ❤️ @keirawalsh

Comments:
keirawalsh: one of them?
lucybronze: you know the other 🫢

I laugh a little to myself at how cute they are together. Although it does make me sad thinking about Lucy and how she's moved on from me when I haven't moved on and it's been 6 years.

Just as Lucy scores another header making Man City's score 4 - 2 my phone rings. Picking it up instantly realising its scarlett I start to feel bad.

A- hey scar, I'm so sorry for not calling you I got distracted with the Man City vs Man United.

S- it's okay Amelia. Anyways wanna know why I called earlier?

A- sure.

S- so if I'm really your bestfriend you'll come to my work conference with me

A- ughh you know I get bored though

S- pleaseee! I don't want to go alone

A- fine. I have to go now. Love ya.

S- love ya. Bye.

When she hangs up I go back on my phone to see Lucy has posted about the man city game

@lucybronze

Caption: brilliant game today girls well played 👏

Comments:
keirawalsh: looking good in blue 💙
lucybronze: says you Kei x

I keep scrolling and get further down then before. In fact all the way down to 2014.

@lucybronze

(Just pretend its you and your seven)Caption: babysitting my bestfriend ❤️ ❤️

Caption: babysitting my bestfriend ❤️ ❤️

Comments:
leahwilliamsonn- when can we meet her!
lauren_hemp- need to meet her soon
keirawalsh- bring her to the next camp. I BEG!!

Seeing that people I haven't even met loved me so much was making me emotional because I didn't feel that much as a kid. It was getting late so I decide to head up to bed to get some sleep. I didn't even get out my clothes because as soon as I hit the bed I was asleep.

Lucy's POV

When me and Kei got back to out house I posted about the game congratulating the girls on our win. After about an hour I look to see who's seen it and out of thousands of usernames one sticks out: AmeliaL0vesU. I didn't know for sure but if it was who I thought it was it brought me a bit of happiness I hadn't felt since she left without reason. Keira came up behind me once I turned off my phone and hugs me. "What's wrong my love?" I ask her hugging her back as she rests her head on my shoulder. "I'm just tired and wanted a hug." She says into my shoulder. "Let's go up to bed then." I say pulling away from the hug and taking her hand leading us to our room. When we get to our room I have a quick shower as she gets ready for bed. Quickly getting into comfy clothes I get in bed beside her and she rests her head on my chest and falls asleep. I can stop thinking about that username. I hope it's Amelia. It'll give me a little bit of closure that she's okay. When me mind finally starts to get tired I fall asleep still with Kei on my chest.

___________________________________________

What does everyone think of chapter one? I think I'll actually like this book you know.
Anyway have a great day/afternoon/night everyone x