chapter 6

Amelias POV

After being told I wouldn't be made fun of, I sat on Luce. She wrapped her arms around my waist and rested her hands on my knees. "So, do you play?" Mary asked, "football, I mean obviously. " we all laughed. I shrugged my shoulders, "I used to, but I haven't been able to even touch a ball in years." They all looked confused. "How come?" Ella asked. The question hurt. Not by how she said it. She said it so softly that I almost told them my entire life story right there and then. I told them part of the truth instead, "My parents moved to Australia without me, so I am living on my own. So I don't have the money to think about football. I used to always play with Luce when I was a kid, though." They all looked at my sympathetically.

Of course, Lauren breaks the silence, "You any good?" I don't think of myself like that. I don't like being big headed, but before I said anything, Leah pipped up, "Of course she is. Lucy taught her. Let's go see shall we." She said. Everyone agreed and got up. Exept me, and obviously Luce, as I was still sitting on her. "You okay, Am?" She asked softly. I didn't know how to reply, "I don't think I'm allowed to play. I'm still not cancer free." She sighed softly, "well, how about we see. If anything goes wrong, we'll leave. If it gets back, we'll go to the hospital. We won't tell them the reason."

We got up, and she held my hand as we walked. "Cute." Jordan said as she walked behind us. We turned around to see her taking a picture of us holding hands. She froze when she saw us. Leah laughed, obviously being the only one to hear Jordan. Leah was also the one with the football, and she kept lightly bouncing it off my back. Since we were turned towards them and we were standing still, she threw the ball in the air, "How's your touch, Amelia?" As the ball was flying down towards us, I let go of Lucy's hand and caught the ball on my foot. I lifted my foot up to leah with the ball balancing on the entire time. She was shocked.

We finally got to the pitch, aka the muddy Park football pitch. There were a few kids on it, but after seeing professional footballers walking to the pitch they were on, they all moved. They sat on a bench to watch. Leah walked up to me, "What's your old position then?" I thought for a second, "stirker." She smirked and walked away, leaving me the ball. After a few seconds, I saw why she was smirking. Mary got in goal. This is scary. I dribbled the ball and put it on the faint line where the edge of the box would be. I took a few steps back and looked at all the lionesses watching me. "If I score, should I do my old celebration. The one I used in my team. It's a bit extreme, but that team was actually a semi pro team." They now prayed I scored as they enthusiastically nodded their heads.

I focused on the ball and took a deep breath. I did my run up and hit as hard as I could towards the goal. It went in slow motion, and it felt like but as Mary dived her fingertips hit it too slow, and it went in. I started to run to where the corner would be before doing a Sam Kerr celebration and doing a backflip. They all ran up to me and celebrated my not so important but important goal. "Future lioness right here." I laughed as Luce picked me up off the floor and onto her shoulders.

Mary came over to us, "Bloody hell kid. Could've given me a chance. You should have never stopped." I smiled. We all went to kick the ball around. They kept making me run on purpose the bullies. But what I feared started happening. I felt the sharp pains of my body going against my decision to play. The pains were all over. They were getting worse and worse. I started feeling faint. "Luce." I said weakly. She didn't hear. "Luce." I said. Walking a little closer as it was just as weak as the last time. This time, she turned to me. "Luce.." her smile dropped. I stumbled as I walked towards her. She caught me and stood me back up. But it all went black, and I fell back down into her arms.

I woke up, but my eyes wouldn't open. It was all dark. I didn't know where I was. Then, the familiar beeping made its way to my ears. Wheels moving on the floor. Doors being bashed open. Then the wheels stopped. The doors didn't bash open. My eyes opened. The nurse saw me first. Rushing around telling the doctors. Shouting out the door. The itching of the gown on my skin was all too familiar. I heard people running. The door opened, and doctors flooded my room.

Lucy's POV

She stumbled into my arms. I caught her helping her up. All the girls stopped the ball and were watching. Her eyes closed. She fell. I caught her. My heart sank. It was my fault. I panicked. I picked her up as the others rushed to call the ambulance. I put my ear to her chest. Her heart wasn't beating. I put her on the floor, taking her jacket off to be closer to her heart and started CPR. 1..2..3..4..5..
1..2..3..4..5..
I did it until they came. They ran over. Moving me to the side. My eyes were watering. I never cried. I hated crying. But she was my best friend. I loved her. I loved her like a sister. Leah came over and hugged me as she saw me watching what they were doing. They connected machines to her as they continued CPR. They wheeled her into the ambulance. Someone was on the stretcher to continue to try to bring her back. The doors closed, and leah tightened her grip as I tried to get out of it. I did, and I ran. I chased after it all the way I could. I ran all the way to the hospital. The others turned up a few minutes after me. I was told she was I  room 11. It was on this floor. She was breathing but was awake. Half an hour after we got there, a nurse opened a patients room. "THE GIRL IN ROOM 11 IS AWAKE!" She screamed. Over ten doctors looked up. They all dropped their things and ran to her room. Amelia's. I couldn't stay still. I was either pacing or sat down my knee shaking. Keira soon arrived. She ran in. Saw me not caring. We were still secretly dating. Amelia was the only one who knew. She came over to me and hugged me. "Family or friends of Amelia.." He looked at his sheet, "Bronze. Amelia Bonze." I tep away from the hug, and we all walked over to him. "That's us." I smiled, knowing I may be able to see her. He looked at the large group, "Who's the closest to her?" I step forward, raising my hand slightly, still a small smile on my face. We went to the door. I was facing the group so they couldn't read his lips. "We need consent to take Amelia into surgery." Me smile dropped. I just nodded. He walked back to her room to get her ready.

I didn't walk back to the group. Instead, I walked past and walked outside. I needed fresh air. I sat on a bench. My eyes were filling with tears. I felt arms wrap around me. Keira. I was so grateful to have her. I broke down. I cried. She held me. Wiped my tears away when they slowed and reminded me who I had with me. When I stopped crying, we went back in. The girls were all looking at us suspiciously. I smiled a sad smile. "What's wrong? What are they doing to her?" Alessia asked. She was only 23 alessia. She was new to all the fame. All the drama. But even me, one of the oldest hadn't experienced this until now. "They need to do surgery." Everyone frowned. No one would smile until we knew she was ok. "Why?" Ella asked. She was only a year older than Lessi. "She has cancer." I said. They all stared at me. Tears filled leahs eyes. They only just met and were already growing close to each other. We all stayed there for the entire night. Not leaving. After a very, very dreadful 18 hours of waiting, a doctor appeared.

"Friends or family or Amelia Bronze."

___________________________________________

I am so sorry about this. It just happened. I hoped you liked it.
Have a good rest of your day/night x