chapter 4

Amelia's POV

As expected, I woke up with a start. I was sweaty and breathing really heavily. I pick up my phone to check the time. 3:48am. "It's too early to wake up, Luce." I keep saying to myself.
No matter how much I tried, I couldn't fall back to sleep. Getting up, I walk past the bathroom and knock on Lucy and keiras door. I didn't hear an answer, so I was slowly opening the door, so I didn't wake Keira up. I went to Lucy's side. "Lucy. Luce. Please wake up." I beg.

Lucy's POV

"Lucy. Luce. Please wake up." I hear a small voice beg. Slowly opening my eyes, I'm met with Ameliea's watering eyes. Sitting up, I say, "What's wrong, Am?" She doesn't reply she just stands there. I get up and hold her hand, walking back to her room. "Tell me what happened, hun." I say camly. She sniffs before replying, "it's a stupid reason, though." I don't say anything, so she continues. "I had a nightmare." She sniffs again, and her eyes start to water thinking about what happened in her nightmare. I pull her in for a comforting hug. A few tears fall from her eyes, and I wipe them away, "Hey. Hey, it's okay. Do you want me to stay in here for the night?" She nodds her head, so we climb in the covers, and she lays her head on my chest as I wrap my arms around her protectively before kissing her head, "goodnight, Am." Sniffling, she repeats my words back to me, "goodnight, Luce." When I wake up, I look down at my chest to see Amelia still sleeping peacefully. Not wanting to wake her, I very slowly lift her head, putting it on her pillow. Kissing her forehead, I leave her room, making my way downstairs. I'm greated by a very sleepy Narla. Kneeling down, I pick her up and give her head some strokes and kisses. Putting her down, we walk into the kitchen. Seeing keira, I sneak up behind her before grabbing her hips, making her jump. "Lucy! Do not do that again. You scared me. I thought I was being kidnapped!" She says seriously. This only makes me laugh harder. Once calming down, I say, "I'm sorry, Kei. I had the perfect opportunity." She frowns before turning around to continue what she was doing. Spinning her back around, I hug her, pulling her closer by the hips. Resting my arms around her back. After pulling away, she kisses me quickly before returning to what she was doing. I sit on the counter, "What you doing?" She laughs slightly, "making a coffee because I'm still tired. Where were you earlier? I woke up, and you weren't in bed." I bit my lip. I couldn't tell kei and betray Amelia's trust, so I reply, "I was just on a walk." She raises her eyebrows but doesn't question it anymore.

___________________________________________

I'm sorry this is such a short chapter. I wanted to get something out for you all. And I am sorry for such inconsistent updates.

Anyways, have a good morning/afternoon.