Chapter 7

Lucy's POV

"Friends or family of Amelia Bronze." The doctor said. I stood up. "Follow me." He said. I followed him, and he led me to room 11. We walked in, and I saw her. She was still asleep. She was connected to loads of wires and machines. I sat on the seat next to the bed and held her hand.

"She should wake up within the hour. If anything goes wrong, push that button, " He said, pointing to the red button on the remote connected to her bed. He walked towards the door before I called out to him, "How many are allowed in here at once?" He smiled at me, "it's a big room, so your full party is allowed in here." I smiled back. He walked out, leaving me with the unconscious girl I loved so dearly. I pulled out my phone to message Keira.

Kei xx

Me: Everyone's allowed in. I asked x

Kei xx: Really x

Me: Yes. And please hurry, I need someone else with me it hurts seeing her like this. X

Kei xx: we're all on our way x

I turn off my phone, and a minute later, they all walk in.

Keiras POV

I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket, so I take it out to see a message from Lucy.

Stalker xxx

Stalker xxx: Everyone's allowed in. I asked x

Me: Really x

Stalker xxx: Yes. And please hurry, I need someone else with me it hurts seeing her like this. X

Me: we're all on our way x

I turn off my phone as we get to the door. Leah is the first one in and sits on the other free seat. I stand behind Lucy and put my hand on her shoulder to comfort her.

She starts to move on her bed and starts opening her eyes. Lucy grabs and squeezes her hand so she knows she isn't alone. She sits up when her eyes are fully open and tries to speak but can't. She sighs and lays her head back on the pillow. Leah holds onto her other hand, making her sit back up slightly. I re-adjust he pillow so she can lean on it while sitting up so it's a little more comfortable.

She leans back on it as the doctor comes in. He looks at his clipboard before saying, "Lucy bronze?" Lucy stands up. "Can I talk to you in the hallway, please?" Lucy nodds and follows him to the hallway. They talk for about half an hour when the doctor comes in, Lucy behind him. Her eyes are red as well as her cheeks, which are also tear stained, but she has a small smile on her face. Everyone looks confused before the doctor says, "Amelia is from now fully cancer free. She can do everything she had to stop. A few examples are football, swimming, running, going to the gym, etc. But we will have to hold her for a few days to make sure she heals properly from the surgery in her back." By the time he finishes, we all have smiles on our faces. Some smiles are larger than others.