878.Happy Ending (11)

The servants brought several cups of hot tea forward and retreated to the side for further instructions.

...

Jeon Chongshan picked up one of the cups and took a sip. He then spoke to the servants by the side. "Leave us."

"Understood." The servants immediately left.

The living room instantly became quiet.

Lisa understood that the Elder had something to say and it was most likely related to her difficulties in conceiving. She quietly waited for him to speak.

Two minutes later, Ye Yunzhi glanced at Jeon Chongshan, who appeared too uncomfortable to begin. She said, "Father, how about I tell Lisa about it."

"It's fine. Let me do it." Jeon Chongshan sized Lisa up. "Little brat, Grandfather is really very satisfied with you."

"Thank you, Grandfather." Lisa thanked him sweetly.

He sighed and waved his hand. "We're a family. There's no need to stand on ceremony. Lisa ah, as you know, Grandfather isn't young anymore. I have one foot in my grave and my only hope is to hold my great-grandson. But your stomach is really disappointing."

Lisa was also helpless. "I've let Grandfather down."

"Grandfather knows that your relationship with Jungkook is very strong, but for a family to be complete, you need a child. In order for a family line to continue, we need a successor."

Jeon Chongshan appeared especially pained as he spoke. "Grandfather isn't being impatient. Although you've only been married to Jungkook for a year, you've cohabitated with him for a long time. It's been three years. Yet, you still don't have a child."

Lisa did not wish to go in circles. She asked directly. "In that case, what would you like to do?"

"Jungkook and you are a good match. You cannot be separated." Jeon Chongshan spoke up. "But the Jeon family needs a successor..."

He fell silent and struggled to continue.

Lisa waited patiently.

Jeon Chongshan picked up his cup for another sip before he continued. "Two months ago, your Aunt, Huang Zhishu, suggested letting another woman have Jungkook's child. Afterwards, the two of you can raise the child together. This idea isn't too bad."

Lisa's expression turned cold.

Ye Yunzhi rushed to add on. "Don't worry. Once the woman has given birth, we will send her far away and keep her from ever reappearing in front of you. She won't affect your position as Madam Jeon."

Lisa smiled, but her smile did not reach her eyes. "With my status and position, do you think the title of 'Madam Jeon' matters to me?"

"Mom knows that it doesn't matter to you." Ye Yunzhi's gaze was filled with helplessness. "But we truly don't have any other methods..."

"Didn't Jungkook tell you guys?" Lisa was expressionless. "If we can't have a child, we'll adopt one."

"Nonsense!" Jeon Chongshan raised his voice. "Those children won't be of the Jeon family's bloodline. Even Huang Zhishu and her children are an eyesore. I definitely won't agree to adopting!"

Lisa glanced at them indifferently. "If you've already decided to find Jungkook another woman, why did you come to me?"

She did not care for the Jeon family's elders' decisions.

At most, after her feelings towards them faded, she would never speak to them again.

Regardless, she had utmost confidence that Jungkook would not touch another woman.

Ye Yunzhi began carefully. "Your grandfather, your father and I, all respect you. Although we've begun considering this two months ago, we've never done anything. We've also never brought any women to Jungkook."

"That's right." Lisa smiled. "That is why I still addressed you as 'Mom' today." She then turned to Jeon Chongshan.. "And you as 'Grandfather'."