Ch 7: The Chase

Third Person POV

... At that moment, a Warg appears from behind a nearby crag; it leaped into the mists of the company, knocking down one of the dwarves. Thorin roars and kills it with his sword. Another Warg attacks from another side; Kili quickly shoots it with an arrow, bringing it down. When it attempts to get back up Dwalin snaps it's neck.

Thorin breathes heavily and announces to the rest of the group, "Warg-Scouts! Which means an Orc pack is not far behind." Bilbo whimpers in fear beside Zaliya at the name of Orcs.

Gandalf looked around angrily, he locks his gaze on Thorin and storms toward him, "Who did you tell about your quest, beyond your kin?!"

Thorin blinks confused, "No one."

"WHO DID YOU TELL?!"

"No one, I swear. What in Durin's name is going on?"

"You are being hunted!"

"We have to get out of here!" Dwalin says frantically.

Ori burst through the bushes and announced, "We can't! We have no ponies; they bolted!"

Radagast spoke up after hearing the exchange, "I'll draw them off!"

Gandalf looked at his friend in disbelief, "These are Gundabad Wargs; they will outrun you."

Radagast smirked, "These are Rhosgobel Rabbits; I'd like to see them try!"

"I believe you, but I think you'll be safer with Zaliya at your side."

Zaliya patted Bilbo on the head and walked over to Gandalf, "Radagast will lead them away and I'll be prepared to take out any Orcs that come to close to you all."

Thorin put an arm over Zaliya's shoulder and whispered to her, "Make sure you stay safe!"

"Why, so that you'll still have a bodyguard?" Zaliya responded sarcastically.

"No," Thorin whispered looking into her golden brown eyes, "Stay safe so I won't have to miss you in my heart." Zaliya blushed and pecked his cheek, turning away from him she quickly formed into a large black wolf. She licked Thorin's hand as she padded past him to Radagast. Thorin turned a dark red and softly touched his cheek, embarrassed.

As the company prepared to head out, Yazneg, the Orc leader of the Warg Riders, and his Wargs searched through the forest for the Comapany; suddenly, Radagast and his rabbits shot out of the forest.

Radagast hooted with laughter as he zoomed past the Wargs, "Come and get me! Ha ha." A large black wolf covered his back, taking out any Orcs and Wargs that came to close to the wizard.

Gandalf watched from behind a rock as his friends and the Wargs disappear in the distance. "Come on," he said motioning the rest of the group forward. The Company rushes across a rocky plain, ducking behind rocks whenever a Warg rider got to close.

Meanwhile, Zaliya and Radagast were having a blast teasing the Wargs. "How many have you gotten dear?" Radagast called back to Zaliya.

"Uhhh... Probably like twenty. Nothing makes my day more than a couple Orcs trying to kill me." Zaliya chuckled in his head. Radagast smacked her furry head as she ran up beside him in amusement.

Off in the distance Gandalf leads the dwarves and Bilbo on, checking his surroundings every once in awhile.

Thorin begins to get suspicious when Gandalf doesn't say where they are going so he asks, "Where are you leading us?" Gandalf doesn't answer, making Thorin even more suspicious. As the group creeps on, an Orc catches the smell of dwarves on the air. He leaves the chase after Radagast and Zaliya and steers his Warg toward the large rock the company hides behind. They all look up when they hear a sword being drawn. Thorin stiffens but motions for Kili to shoot the beast; Kili slowly steps forward and draws his bow. The Orc falls with a loud piercing cry, it's scream echoes through the valley as the dwarves finish it off. All the Wargs and Orcs stop when they hear the scream.