Ch 13: Goblins?

Third POV
The company is crossing the Misty Mountains; the trail is narrow and dangerous, with a cliff on one side and a sheer drop on the other. There is a fierce storm in the air, with lightning and rain all around. 

"Hold on!" Thorin roars, thoroughly drenched and wishing Zaliya was with them to make this rain go away.

As Bilbo walks, the stone beneath his feet gave away, and he starts falling into the chasm; Dwalin manages to pull him back in time. 

Thorin shakes in the cold, "We must find shelter!"

"Watch out!" Dwalin shouts in warning. 

The dwarves look up and see a massive boulder hurtling through the air; it hits the mountain side above them, causing rocks to fall all around them as they press themselves against the mountain. 

"This is no thunderstorm; it's a thunder battle!" Balin said in awe, "Look!" 

The dwaves follow Balin's pointing hand to see a stone giant rear up from a nearby mountain. It rips off a massive boulder from the top off the mountain. 

Bofur leans forward his eyes wide, "Well bless me, the legends are true. Giants; Stone Giants!"

Thorin yanks him back, "Take cover, you'll fall!"

Kili tries to see around his brother, "What's happening?"

The giant they had seen before throws the boulder far in the air; another stone giant appears from behind the Company, and it is hit in the head. The dwarves yell at each other to brace and hold on, and the rocks beneath their feet begin to give way from all the vibrations and from the impact of the falling rocks. The ground between some of the Company members splits; part of the group is on one side, and part on the other.  

FIli looks in horror as his brother slips farther and farther away, "Kili! Grab my hand! Ki..."

 As the two stone giants fight with their fists, the dwarves hold on tight as they are flung around. One of the groups manages to jump to a different spot. A third stone giant appears, and it throws a boulder at the head of one of the first two. That one falls over; as the first group watches, it appears to them that the other group of the Company has been smashed to bits. The hurt stone giant loses its footing and falls down the chasm.  

Thorin runs toward the company that was crushed, "No! No! Kili!"

The rest of the group rushes to the spot where the others appeared to have been crushed, but they are safe. 

Balin waves his hand tying to calm his friends, "We're all right! We're alive!"

Bofur suddenly looks around frantically, "Where's Bilbo? Where's the hobbit?"

"There!" Ori yells pointing to hands desperately trying hang on to the edge of the cliff. 

"Get him!" Dwalin yells. Ori dives onto the ground and tries to grab Bilbo's arm, but Bilbo slips and falls another few feet before he catches another handhold. As the dwarves try to pull him up unsuccessfully, Thorin swings down on the cliff next to Bilbo and boost him up, where the others pull him to safety. Dwalin tries to lift Thorin back up too, but Thorin loses his grip and begins falling too; however, Dwalin, with much effort, is able to pull him back up. 

Dwalin sighs in relief, "I though we'd lost our burgalar." 

Thorin scowls at Bilbo, "He's been lost ever since he left home. He should never have come. He has no place amongst us. Dwalin!" 

Bofur frowns at him, "You should be glad Zaliya isn't here because she would toss you off this mountain." 

Thorin merely ignores him, and sends Dwalin to search the cave he had just found.