[S1A] Chapter 2: The Visit (PART 1)

The Next Day....

The sun was painting the sky with its golden hues as the new day dawned over Beach City. Steven, feeling the warmth of the morning sun on his face, made his way toward the front door of his home. As he prepared to step out however, Pearl's voice calls out from behind him.

Pearl: "Steven, where are you off to today?"

Startled by her sudden appearance, Steven turns to see Pearl, who's standing there with a thoughtful expression. He hesitates for a moment, pondering how much he should reveal. Then, he offers a reassuring smile and responds.

Steven: "Hey, Pearl! I was just thinking of going to the Big Donut."

Pearl nods, a hint of worry still lingering in her eyes. 

Pearl: "Alright, Steven. Just remember to be safe, and don't take too long."

As Steven makes his way to the door, a familiar voice echoes from the kitchen. 

Amethyst: "Hey, Ste-man, bring me a doughnut!"

Steven chuckles and nods.

Steven: "Sure thing, Amethyst! Which one?"

Amethyst: "Ehh, surprise me."

With a promise to bring Amethyst a doughnut and Pearl's words of caution in mind, Steven steps outside, his thoughts beginning to linger on the mysterious older boy he and the Gems encountered the previous night.

-------------------------------------------

The sweet scent of freshly baked doughnuts enveloped Steven as he entered the cozy little store known as the Big Donut. The cheerful chiming of the doorbell announced his arrival, drawing the attention of the only two employees in the shop: Sadie and Lars.

 The cheerful chiming of the doorbell announced his arrival, drawing the attention of the only two employees in the shop: Sadie and Lars

( PRETEND LARS IS SLEEPING LOL )

Sadie, with her warm smile and a stack of cups balanced on her palm, was in the midst of a playful cup-stacking game with the sleeping Lars, who rested atop the counter, seemingly unaware of the world around him. Sadie noticed Steven and gently placed the last cup on Lars' head without toppling the tower.

Sadie: "Hey, Steven!"

Steven: "Good morning, Sadie!"