[S1A] Chapter 5: Rose's Room

A Few Days Later....

In the late afternoon, the sun dipped low on the horizon, bathing everything in a soft, golden light. Steven sat at his kitchen counter, eating his second can of cream corn. Y/N stood opposite of him, however instead of two cans, Y/N was going on his third can of cream corn.

Steven narrated their actions as if they were both at a large sporting event.

Steven: "This is it folks! Rookie sensations Steven Universe and Y/N ready their last spoonfuls of Colonels Classic Cream Corn..."

As both boys raised their spoons to their mouths, Steven nodded to Y/N, and Y/N did so to Steven.

Steven: "As the crowd waits with baited breath, one bite between them... and destiny..."

Both boys, with determination in their eyes, chomped down on their respective spoons, devouring their corn in one bite.

Both Steven and Y/N stayed silent for a moment, before each of them gently placed their cans on the counter. Suddenly, both boys erupted and threw their arms up in celebration.

Y/N: "And they've done it! Between them both, they've eaten 5 cans of cream corn!"

Just as Y/N finished the celebration to the imaginary crowd, the Temple door opened to reveal all of the gems, seemingly arriving back from a mission.

Steven, eager to show the three what he and Y/N had accomplished, scooped up all 5 cans and rushed over to the group. Y/N followed closely and stood next to Steven.

Steven: "Guys! Check this out! Y/N and I got 5 empty cans of Colonels Classic Cream Corn!"

Not understanding the significance of the cans, Garnet attempted to make it seem that the gems knew what he was talking about.

Garnet: "...Cool."

Unfazed by her reaction, Steven continued.

Steven: "Yeah! And on the back are $5 dollar coupons for mini golf. Y/N and I ate all of these cans so we could all go together!"

Confused by apparent reason for their actions, Y/N looked at one of his cans.

Y/N: "Wait, you can get free stuff from eating food? I thought we were just eating them for the sake of eating them?"

Pearl's eyes lowered slightly, before she placed her hands together and thanked both Steven and Y/N.

Pearl: "That is so thoughtful you two! U-unfortunately though..."

Noticing Pearl's slight struggle, Amethyst cut in.

Amethyst: "We gotta go on another mission."

Hearing this, Steven dropped all of the cans he was holding and stood there shocked.

Steven: "What! Not again! But you guys promised we'd hang out!"

Wanting to defuse the situation, Garnet interjected.