[S1A] Chapter 2: The Visit (PART 3)

As the days passed, Steven fell back into the usual rhythm of going on missions with the Crystal Gems. He marvelled at Pearl and Amethyst's fusion into Opal, spent time with Lars and the cool kids, saving them from his mother's moss, and had a rather intense showdown with Onion over a toy. There was never a dull moment in Beach City.

Yet, through all of these adventures, there was a constant thought at the back of Steven's mind-Y/N. It had been several days since he had seen Y/N, and Steven couldn't shake the feeling that he needed to make amends for interfering that night. He was uncertain about what to say or how to approach the situation.

As he strolled along the boardwalk, the setting sun casting an orange hue over the horizon, Steven pondered the best way to initiate the conversation. He mulled over various options.

Steven: "*Hey Y/N, remember when I almost got hurt trying to protect that bad guy? No too casual. Hey Y/N, I've been meaning to talk to you about the events that transpired few nights ago. No too formal. Hehe, hey Y/N! What happened a few nights ago was just a dream! *Sigh* He's too smart for that.*"

Just as Steven wrestled with his thoughts, a series of panicked screams from the nearby beach snapped him out if it. He turned to see a horrifying sight-a corrupted Gem menacingly chasing after several terrified people.

 He turned to see a horrifying sight-a corrupted Gem menacingly chasing after several terrified people

Knowing that the Crystal Gems were on a mission and unable to help, Steven made a quick decision to confront the corrupted Gem himself. He dashed toward the beach, and just as the corrupted Gem was about to strike one of the beachgoers, Steven hurled his shield between them, blocking the attack.

The corrupted Gem turned its attention to Steven, charging at him with aggression. Steven summoned his bubble, which deflected the Gem's initial strike. However, the creature persisted, relentlessly pounding on the bubble until it finally popped. Steven, determined not to back down, threw another shield at the corrupted Gem, causing it to stagger backward.

Yet, the corrupted Gem was far from finished. It charged at Steven once more, who narrowly dodged its attack. Panic gripped Steven as he realised he was on his own, desperately trying to figure out how to subdue the corrupted Gem.

While Steven contemplated his next move, the corrupted Gem lunged at him once more, and Steven summoned his bubble again. This time, however, the corrupted Gem began to push down on the bubble, attempting to crush Steven. Straining with all his might, Steven pushed back against the relentless force, but he could feel himself slowly being overwhelmed.

As the bubble started to crack under the pressure, Steven lowered his head, preparing for the inevitable impact of the Corrupted Gem's attack. But the crushing blow never came. Instead, the sounds of a loud thud entered Steven's ears, and as he looked up, he noticed that the corrupted Gem had been sent flying across the beach, tumbling through the sand.