[S1A] Chapter 2: The Visit (PART 2)

Steven laid on the ground, dazed, gazing up at the figure of the older boy who had saved him. Immediately after the older boy got up, he turned toward Steven and extended a hand, signalling for him to grab it. Steven reached out, and the boy pulled him to his feet.

The older boy shifted his gaze away from Steven, looking at the chaotic scene around them. He bent down, picking up a now-destroyed TV, as if contemplating its potential salvageability.

Realising that most of his projects were in ruins, he haphazardly tossed the TV aside before finally turning to Steven, who had just regained his senses.

As Steven walked up to the boy, he bowed slightly before apologising.

Steven: "I'm sorry for the damage I caused! I promise to help with the cleanup!"

The older boy's response was far from warm however. With a heavy layer of distrust and suspicion in his voice, he looked Steven dead in the eye.

???: "Why did you come back?"

Steven looked at the older boy sheepishly.

Steven: "Well... when I asked if I could come back, you said "do what you want", and I wanted to visit you again!"

Y/N, still skeptical of Steven's intentions, scoffed and turned around, choosing to fiddle with the toppled pile. However, after sifting around for a while, his eyes went wide for a moment, as if realising something.

Startled, Steven, who had been standing beside the older boy, watched as he rushed toward the centre of the not-so-clear clearing and began to sift through the pile at a quickened pace. Sensing the urgency, Steven clenched his hands with resolve and followed in the older boy's steps, sifting through the pile nearby.

After about a minute of aimlessly sifting, Steven tiredly looked to the boy.

Steven: "So, uh... what are we looking for exactly?"

Y/N, without looking up, responded by pulling out the entire body of a car, shocking Steven completely. With a small sigh of relief, the older boy gently placed the car on top of the toppled pile before his right arm seized up in pain again, causing him to slip and fall off the pile.

Concerned for the boy's safety, Steven rushed to his aid and attempted to help him up. However, he noticed that the boy's right arm was twitching, and small cuts were beginning to form on the arm. Distracted by the pain, the older boy didn't initially realise that Steven was near him.

Feeling something touch his arm, the older boy shoved Steven away and backed up. He looked at Steven for a moment, his eyes revealing a mix of anger and pain, before they softened, and he got up and sat on the nearby half-couch. 

With his left arm, Y/N reached for a small box under the half-couch. After opening it, he retrieved the roll of bandages that Steven had given him the previous day.

When Steven approached the older boy once more, he saw the bandages and attempted to assist in its application. However, before he could take another step, a laser shot the ground in front of him, nearly striking his foot. Startled, Steven looked up to see the older boy with his left hand formed into a finger gun, his fingertips slightly glowing. The older boy gave him a cold stare before continuing to apply the bandage.