Ch 23: Talk Under The Moonlight

----This Chapter is written by Void-King---

After finding a place where they could set up their camp, Rimuru and Yuna watched the group of children doing their tasks to set up their campsite. Timor was tasked with gathering firewood, while Cattleya and Shia were tasked with unloading their supplies, and Marcus built the fireplace. Rimuru and Yuna didn't help since this was part of the test for the kids, but they noticed that the group was still a bit shaken due to the earlier battle. To lift their spirits, Rimuru decided to cook food for them.

The group hesitated to accept Rimuru's cooking at first, but when Shia ate it without hesitation, the others followed suit. Once they tasted it, they screamed with delight due to how delicious it was, and Yuna wore a smug face, proud of her fiancé.

Nighttime had arrived, and Rimuru and Yuna let the kids rest while they kept watch during the night. Marcus protested that they should be the ones to watch for the night, but Yuna rejected it, explaining that they would allow the kids to be on night watch the next night since their journey would take three days and two nights to reach their destination. Rimuru agreed with Yuna, emphasizing the need for rest after the earlier battle.

Now, the couple, Rimuru and Yuna, were watching the stars in the night sky while the campfire burned brightly a few meters away from them. They held hands and watched the sky filled with bright stars. The silence of the surroundings gave them a romantic vibe.

While looking at the sky, Rimuru was the first to break the silence. "Beautiful, isn't it?" Rimuru asked Yuna, who was beside him.

"Yes, it is. It's like the sky from Tempest," Yuna replied with a calm and sweet voice. Although Yuna was calm, Rimuru noticed a hint of worry in her response.

"What are you worried about, Yuna-chan?" Rimuru asked. Yuna let out a sigh and spoke.

"I really can't hide anything from you. Well, I'm worried about what will happen to this world after we find and stop that Feldway guy. Will we stay in this world, or will we merge it with the Cardinal world?"

Rimuru thought about what Yuna said. Yuna loved this world and didn't want it to be destroyed or left behind, but merging two worlds is not an easy task.

In fact, Rimuru could merge two different worlds as easily as baking or cooking. But that's also where it gets complicated. The people who lived in those two different worlds would be the ones affected by the merging. Their environment would change, the magic level in the atmosphere would be affected, and the spirits maintaining the balance in those worlds would face disruptions. Many natural disasters would occur due to the spirits losing control due to the changes in their surroundings.

People used to low magic levels would suffer if their planet merged with a superior world with a high level of magic power, as they would be poisoned by it. Merging this world with the Cardinal world was not an option since the Cardinal world was far superior, and the people of this planet were much weaker.

That left one option: creating a portal that would connect the two worlds. This would benefit not only this world but also Tempest, as Rimuru could use the portal to earn money and boost Tempest's economy.

Arriving at a solution to Yuna's worries, Rimuru explained his plan to Yuna. He would create a pathway that would connected this world and the Cardinal world, allowing Yuna to move back and forth between the two worlds without consequences.

In addition people from her can also Go to the Cardinal world and the same can also be said to the people from the Cardinal world.

While they were talking, they suddenly felt a presence in the night sky. They looked up and saw two individuals with black raven-like wings and crimson red eyes looking down at them.

"Fallen!" Yuna immediately stood up and summoned her bear katana, but before she could do anything, Rimuru stopped her by holding her hands that were gripping her katana.

"Don't worry, Yuna. Those are just clones," Rimuru said as he continued to look at the two clones above. After a while, the two clones disappeared from the night sky.

"Is it alright to let them go?" Yuna asked.

"It's alright. There's no harm in doing so. Even if we tried to catch them, we wouldn't gain anything from them since those two are just clones of their original bodies," Rimuru explained. "Besides, we don't want those kids to be put in danger, right?" Rimuru continued.

Yuna looked at the sleeping kids and was glad that Rimuru stopped her because if he hadn't, the kids might have been caught in a battle between the clones and them.

After that, the two went back to what they were doing: looking at the night sky. Their surroundings were filled with an imaginary rose due to the sweetness they showed towards each other.

The night passed quickly for spiritual beings like Yuna and a digital life form like Rimuru. They only slept to relax their bodies, as sleep was not a necessity for them.

Once the sun started to rise from the horizon, the kids also woke up from their sleep, greeted by the smell of breakfast being prepared by Rimuru. After finishing their breakfast, they continued their journey towards their destination.

In a forest far away from Yuna and Rimuru's position, two individuals stood facing each other.

"Are you sure this is a good idea?, Feldway said We should not act recklessly."

"What are you so worried about? You saw the magic energy that those two possessed. The two of us are enough to defeat them. Besides, we have our pets to join us. I don't care about what Feldway said. He abandoned us when we fell from grace, and now he's commanding us because he lost his army of pure angels."

The Fallens were once angels who possessed pure white wings. After a few years and obtaining their own personalities, they fell from grace due to their unlawful acts. They sought help from Feldway, but he turned them down with a look of disgust on his face. They were even banished from heaven due to becoming Fallen.

Now, after so many years, Feldway had returned to their doorstep and said that he would gladly help them return to their former pure selves. Many of the Fallen believed him, but not all were convinced.

"Once we defeat those two, I will show Feldway that he picked the wrong race to seek refuge."

---End---