36

Ermanno parked the car in the driveway and flicked the headlights off. I got out of the passenger's seat and as quickly as I could, I made it up the walkway to the front door and unlocked it.

Ermanno was behind me, offering me more support than he would ever know. I never wanted to return to this house and I never thought I would have to, but circumstances changed. We were now planting evidence.

"I can do it myself, love," Ermanno said behind me, his fingers gently rubbing into my back.

I shook my head. "No, I have to be a part of it too."

I wanted to be the reason that Michael was exposed, I wanted to help. I couldn't sit back and watch anymore.

I pushed the door open and walked through, entering the place I'd once thought of as a home. As Ermanno shut the door before me, I realized that this house didn't hold the power over me that it used to. It was meaningless now.

I looked at the living room and the dining room, memories of the different abuses I'd suffered in each room flying through my head, but they didn't break me. It was just a house, and its master was gone. It couldn't hurt me anymore.

I took a breath and walked into the dining room, placing the notepad at the spot Michael liked to sit. I smiled, it was like he staged it already.

The chair was pushed out and a half-drunk cup of coffee sat on the wooden table. I flicked the pen down absentmindedly like I knew Michael would, as he didn't have much care for anything.

"Done, baby girl?" Ermanno asked. We'd come to plant the notebook and that was all, but I had another idea as I stood there, analyzing the contents of the home and the man who owned them all.

I turned to look at my husband, smiling at him. "I was wondering if we could do one more thing."

"What would that be?"

I bit my lip and grabbed his hand, pulling him toward the staircase.

"It's probably petty and immature given that you've captured him already, and justice has been served, but I would love it if you would fuck me on the bed."

We got to the top of the stairs and I looked at him hopefully, wishing he'd say yes.

Ever since Ermanno had posed this idea of coming back to the house, I kept reliving this fantasy of him fucking me all across this house.

Not just as a petty "fuck you" to Michael, but also for me, for my healing, to take my power back in the house that had stripped it all from me.

"Are you sure that's what you want? I want to, but only for the right reasons, love."

I nodded my head and reached up to cup his cheek. "I know it's trivial, but I think it would help me as well. This house is the physical representation of the loss of myself. I want to take my power back. I want to be able to have a choice here, where I'd never had before. I want to choose who I let inside my body and when, and I think it would be good for you, to help me assert power over Michael."

He bent and kissed me, gently dipping his tongue inside my mouth before pulling away.

"Show me the room," he said.

I grabbed his hand again and pulled him toward the room that always caused me the most fear. I'd spent many restless nights here, crying myself to exhaustion after Michael had used my body for his pleasure.

I felt empathy for my past self as I walked into the room, recalling the countless nights I'd begged him to stop before I'd stopped talking at all. My pain didn't consume me though, not now that I had the honorable man standing beside me.