Chapter 7.

"Goodbye.?! What the fuck do you mean goodbye!" I cried.

Sophie took a few deep breaths before responding. "She didn't get enough oxygen, her brain shut down. She's brain dead Vi." She cried.

I didn't say anything more, i just followed sophie to the room. Everyone was beside her bed crying. She was hooked up to a ventilator and they were administering one more test. An EKG. I ran to the closest doctor i saw after Sophie let go of my arm.

"Clementine Marsh why- how is she brain dead!" I cried.

"We are running 1 more test, but we are almost sure she's brain dead, and from the amount she consumed, we think it could have been..." He said, trailing off.

"What..?" I cried.

"She could pull through but-" I didn't let him get another word in, i ran straight to Clementines room.

I pulled over a chair and sat up tbe far end of her bed, beside Mollie. Everyone was silent except for the odd sniffle and cry.

"Has she got any family?" Brody asked.

"Yeah, us." Sophie cried.

"No." Louis mumbled. "Her parents are dead."

A few minutes passed and  the EKG machine started to beep, it was slow at first but it became more rapid. Doctors came rushing in as they heard the beeps and started to clear us out of the room. We all tried to fight it but more doctors came in to escort us out. We were left in that same waiting room again. More minutes passed and Louis was growing more frustrated, just wanting answers about what was going on as all of us did. He was pacing back and forth asking everyone who went by if they knew anything until her doctor came out. All of them stood up except for me. That 10% chance? I lost hope the minute they kicked us out. I got up and left, nobody noticed. I didn't want to hear the doctor tell us, the cries of the group, the silence after, i just didn't want to hear any of it. I left through the same doors and went through the same path out of the hospital but i kept walking until i reached my apartment. I took the keys out of my back pocket and unlocked the door. I didn't even bother to turn on my lights, once i locked the door again i headed straight to my room. I got into bed and lay on my back, breaking down and crying. This was all my fault. I never even got to say goodbye. My phone started to ring and ring upon end but i didn't answer. I didn't want to answer. Eventually, i got sick of it and grabbed my phone, launching it across the room and it stopped ringing, but i didn't stop. I got up and started to punch holes in my wall, break everything i could see, kick dressers. I trashed my whole room. I screamed while i did it, until i broke down. I slid down a wall and sat there, knees hunched up to my chest and broke down. Why did i have to offer her the coc? I don't remember falling asleep but i did until i woke up to continuous knocks at my front door.

"Violet!" Sophie shouted, her voice muffled.

I got up and walked to my front door. My eyes were still puffy from all the crying. I opened the door and saw Sophie aswell as Brody.

"Where have you been!" Sophie asked, wrapping her arms around me.

I didn't reciprocate the hug but just stood there.

"Why aren't you at the hospital?" Brody asked.

"Why would i be." I mumbled, pulling out of Sophies grasp.

"What? Why wouldn't you be?" Brody said.

I stayed silent and both of them looked confused which made me confused.

"When did you leave the hospital?" Sophie asked.

"When the doctor came out." I sighed, just wanting to go back to bed.