Chapter Ten

Madam Pomfrey gave Ophelia the all clear to go back to her dorm and resume classes with the exception that she takes some Calming Draught to help with the trauma she has endured. Ophelia didn't mean to chuckle when she held the vile in her hands, it was a natural reaction knowing what she's been through and suffered for so long in silence that being given a potion that would calm her was laughable. Matteo talked her into keep it just incase while also refusing to leave her side for the foreseeable future, it was kind of adorable to watch. She's never had anyone care that much about her...it was also strange knowing it was the same boy who up until recently couldn't stand her. 

Matteo held her hand all the way back from the hospital wing to Slytherin's common room. She had to convince him that she didn't need to be carried and she was perfectly fine to walk herself. She never thought of him as a clingy boyfriend, he's never dated anyone so it was a bit of shell shock to watch how attentive Matteo Riddle can be. Her mind starts to wander as her eyes trail up his body till she reached his sharp jaw line and perfect lips, she wondered how attentive he was in bed. Matteo gives her a knowing smirk as she quickly looks away biting her lip in embarrassment. 

They walk into the greenly lit common room as all their friends stand around waiting for her. A banner that says "Glad you didn't die" hanging from the fireplace. "What the fuck Malfoy!" Matteo shouts at the blonde boy as he shrugs his shoulders. "It's your fault for leaving him in charge of it" Pansy says snidely. "I actually like the dark humor. Thanks Dray" Ophelia smiles at him as he gives Matteo and Pansy both the middle finger with a smirk. 

Matteo helps Ophelia over to the couch as she rolls her eyes. "I don't need to be coddled you know. I'm all healed physically." she looks up at those concerned brown eyes. "I'm being too much aren't I?" he asked his face grimacing a bit. "Just a little" she says gesturing with her finger and thumb a small amount. "Shit sorry" he apologizes, her hand instinctively coming up to touch his cheek lightly. "At least you noticed it before it got weird." she smiles teasingly. 

"I'm never going to get use to that" Draco says watching their interaction. Pansy and Enzo laughing at him as Theo watches with a mixture of jealousy and longing. He knew he fucked up their relationship before it really started but he never realized how hard it would be to see her move on especially with his best friend. He wanted to be happy for Matteo....for both of them but the jealousy contiuned bubbling inside him. "Glad you're doing okay Lia. I'll see you guys later." he smiles but it doesn't reach his eyes. Ophelia thanks him before he walks out of the common room and off to the great hall. The rest of them spend their afternoon talking about their breaks and what Ophelia has missed, careful to avoid asking her any questions about her break. Matteo kept a careful watch on her as she smiled and laughed listening to Enzo's ridiculous story. He selfishly wanted her all to himself right now, but he knew that she needed this time with their friends. Besides he was being extremely clingy which is a word he would have never in his life used to describe himself. Matteo Riddle didn't do girlfriends and he sure as shit didn't handle clinginess, yet here he was being everything he hated and somehow Ophelia wasn't running for the hills yet. 

As the night wears on the group all retires to their bedrooms, well almost everyone. Pansy giggles as Draco leads her to his bedroom. Matteo walks Ophelia to her room both of them awkwardly standing at her door the silence deafening. Matteo swings on his heels, his hands in his pocket not daring to look up at her. He was trying desperately to be less clingy. "So..." he whistles out as she rolls her eyes. "Will you stay the night with me?" she asks him, his brown eyes trailing up to meet her icy blues. "Are you sure?" Merlin he was being a proper lady right now. "Yeah..." she smiles her fingers trailing up his chest as he tilts his head his eyebrows raised  looking at her with soft hooded eyes. "You see I kind of got use to you snoring beside me in the hospital wing" she smirks. "I do not snore" he scoffs not believing her. 

Her hand cupping his chin as she pulls him closer to her. "You snore like a bear in hibernation." her lips finding his as he deepens it moments later. Ophelia quite liked kissing him and not feeling this inner turmoil like she use too. If there is one thing she will admit to it is that Matteo Riddle knows how to kiss a girl with so much passion it steals the oxygen she needs to breath. They pull apart as he goes to turn her door knob, Ophelia walks in a half step as her hand reaches for the light switch on the wall to her left. Both of them greeted with another banner over her bed. "Thanks again for not dying" it reads as her room fills with her laughter. "I swear I'm going to kill him" Matteo seethes as he rips the banner down and throws it to the ground. 

Later that night as they lay in her bed facing one another, Ophelia running her fingers through his curly brown hair as he enjoys the feel of it his eyes carefully watching the small content smile on her lips. "How do you do it?" he questions her. Those icy blues meeting his eyes. "Do what?" she asks. "How are you not filled with rage about what happened to you, or a complete mess...How can you laugh about the daff banners Malfoy made." his voice was soft and gentle as he watches her reaction carefully. "Because......if I truly give myself space to think about what has happened to me I don't think I would ever survive the darkness that threatens to consume me. That week when I just disappeared after the whole Theo and Daphne thing...it wasn't because of them, at least not really. For a brief moment my monster came out of the shadows and consumed my very being. I don't think I'll be able to pull myself back out of it if they come back." her voice barely a whisper as tears start to fall from her eyes. 

Matteo's hands cupping her face as best he could trying to wipe them away. "You are the toughest person I know." he tells her like it's a fact. "I don't really feel tough right now" her voice wavering. "I'm watching you fight your monsters....if that's not tough than I don't know what is" he smiles, his thumbs rubbing soothing circles on her cheeks as she leans into his warm touch. "What if my soul is too dark for you to love..." she watches him carefully a genuine make your heart skip a beat smile graces his lips. "I told you baby, you're a fucking ray of sunshine and I'm the dark lords son. No two souls are more perfect together than ours." Ophelia nuzzles into his chest as he wraps his arms around her, his breathing lulling her to sleep as he kisses her forehead good night. Deep down some part of Matteo always knew that she was his soul mate. 

Their life of chaos and destruction, never having a chance to be soft...to be vulnerable to people. Always having to fight to live, bloody faces and bruised ribs. They both wanted to push anyone who got close to them away, didn't want them to see the monsters that lived just beneath their very souls. The moment Matteo Riddle met Ophelia Selwyn both their dark twisted souls knew they found one another. The universe having mercy on them as it brought the two of them together. She was his night sky, the one he use to wish upon as a boy....they were going to save each other. 

A/N

I was hoping to have a new chapter up every day but life happens a work has gotten completely crazy! I'm hoping to at least update this book as frequently as I can along with the other books and stories I'm writing! Sending my love to you all!