Chapter Twelve

Weeks have passed and suddenly it was spring. Matteo and Ophelia have found every secret hiding place in Hogwarts to "study". They should be focused on their studies trying to keep their positions tied at number one. Instead they find any excuse they can to get their hands on each other. Ophelia has never been so obsessed with any guy before but Matteo was different. She couldn't get enough of him and it was starting to become embarrassing. 

Matteo has been holding in the four letter word he knew would cause her to run the opposite direction. They've been together a few months he shouldn't be stressed about telling her how he feels about her....but he was. She makes him nervous, really nervous. Even before they stopped "hating" each other she had this way of always keeping him on his toe...making him better. 

Now that they are dating this new feeling inside of him keeps bubbling up....he wants to be better for her. Wants to feel like he actually deserves her....deserves her love. He's never known what love feels like. He came from a broken home....love was never a part of that equation. He's had a long conversation with Pansy and Enzo. Seeking advice on how he's supposed to know if this is love he's feeling or something else. 

Turns out Matteo Riddle has a heart.....one that is completely and utterly in love with Ophelia Selwyn. What he once found annoying about her like her need to always be on top.....in more ways than one is now something he admires about her. Her dedication to her studies even if it started as a competition makes Matteo continue to do his best. Her sharp tongue and quick wit was sexy. Even the way she lets him control her in the bedroom....that still surprises him. Every now and again she will take control and Matteo loves every single moment of it but for the most part he loves how much she loves the way he possesses her. But the thing he loves most about her is the genuine smile that graces her lips when she looks at him now. It's the best fucking thing in the world.

They're laying on her bed in a tangle of limbs and sheets. Her fingers tracing a pattern on his bare chest. He brushes his fingers through her long red hair. He felt content laying here with her. It was rare for him. To feel this way. To feel like everything in his world was spinning in alignment. Whole somehow. The nerves were causing a knot to form in the pit of his stomach. 

"I love you" he barely recognized his voice when he said it. Ophelia froze in his arms, her hand stilling as she tried to process what he just told her. No one has ever told her those three little words. In fact she thought she was quite literally unloveable. Her own mom left her and her father tried to kill her, it's not a stretch to believe she wasn't meant to be loved. 

Her eyes meet his as she tried to collect her thoughts. "You don't mean that." 

"Of course I do. You know as well as I do that I wouldn't say something like that if I didn't mean it. I love you, Ophelia. I think a small part of me has always loved you but I was too scared to admit it. You are like no one I have ever known. We get each other. Share the same fucked up home life. Neither of our parents giving a damn about us. That same darkness that lives in you...lives in me too. No one will ever understand me the way you do...." He moves to hover above her. His lips working their way down from her collarbone to her breast. Nipping and sucking at her pebbled nipples. 

"No one will ever make your body come alive like I can....the way your back arches when I do this....." his voice trailing off as he rocks against her. Her body arching just like he said. "Or the way your body shivers when I do this...." his lips leaving a scorching trail down her side stopping to bit her hip before moving to leave a trail of kiss on her inner thighs. "Fuck" she shivers. She hated how right he was. "No one will ever make you scream the way I can...." his lips hover over her need. His tongue coming to circle her clit as she bucks up to meet his mouth greedily. She couldn't even argue with him because he was completely right. Proving his point when she is withering mess as his tongues brings her to the edge. 

He takes his time kissing his way back up to meet her gaze. As much as she wanted to run away from this feeling....she couldn't. It had her frozen, not from fear. No, fear wasn't the feeling that had evaded every crevice of her body. Love was the reason she wasn't running. She was in love with Matteo Riddle. A love so fierce it kept her planted...grounded. For the first time in Ophelia's life she wasn't running. 

"I love you too." Her voice was barely above a whisper but Matteo heard it. His chest swelling with an emotion he couldn't describe. 

"I'm sorry....I didn't quite hear what you said?" He teases peppering her face with kisses. Her laughing lighting a fire inside him. "I said I love you idiot." 

He stops his assault on her face pulling slightly back. Brushing her hair out of her face with a giant grin on his. "There's my girl. Wouldn't feel right if you didn't insult me a bit." He leans down to kiss her slow and soft. Not their usual heated one. 

"For the record. I like when you insult me....turns me on." He winks when she rolls her eyes at him. She flips him on his back climbing on top of him straddling him. She marveled in the way his hands felt when they gripped her hips. The bite of his fingers in her skin sent a shiver dancing down her spine. She rolls her hits earning a groan from Matteo. 

His hands leave her hips to cup her face pulling her down for a kiss. "Mine" his voice was demanding and Ophelia loved it. The way he commanded her. Every nerve in her body tingling at the way he looked at her....the way his hands touched her. "Yours" she answers breathlessly.