12

Josiah Davis

I walked into my house just to be face to face with Claudia. She had a frown on her face and her eyes were bloodshot.

"You hate me." She said in more of a statement than a question.

"What are you talking about?" I asked trying to avoid her intense stare. She followed me to my room.

"Don't act like that! Your father isn't here!" She yelled. I looked at her like she lost her mind.

"Inside voice por favor." I said trying my best to speak in her native language, she looked up with a smile on her face as she cried.

"Shut the fuck up. I'm so sick and tired of kissing your ass. Only for you to spit in my face. Josiah, your mother is gone. She's been gone for years. She wanted your father to move on and he did. Why can't you be like Jordan and forget about her already! Move on with your life." She said. I felt my blood boil.

"Shut the fuck up Claudia! I probably would've grown some more and realized I was wrong for treating you how I do. I don't respect you, cause you wanted my father even before my mom was in that coma. Those ten months were hell for us. You knew damn well my mother ain't want my dad to move on to your ugly ass. She wanted someone that would make things better. You quit being a nurse because you found someone you could live off of. My dad may have been dumb as fuck to trust your lies. But me and my mother knew about you." I said as I stepped up into her face.

"My momma told me about you." I said as I walked past her. She screamed and threw the lamp at a wall.

"You liar! Your mother told me that I should date your father because she saw the love he had for me in his eyes." She yelled. I knew she was lying. Cause I knew what my father's love looked like. When he loved someone he made time for them. He never had a day off of work since he married Claudia. My dad hid his real emotion. He was just being a good father and he didn't want to pay child support.

"Claudia, my mother knew what you were up to. My dad does to, but he doesn't know how to show his emotions unlike me. I let you know up front at the wedding that you'd never get the feeling of ever being accepted in this family by me." I said she looked down and began to bawl.

"Josiah, please." She begged. I rolled my eyes.

"Please give me your acceptance. I'm tired of kissing your ass. Can you please just treat me like at least the mother of your sister." She begged. I sighed. She was sad enough. I nodded she smiled and tried to get a hug out me. I slid to the right and she ended up hugging air.

"I apologize I hadn't known what things looked like in your point of view. But uh...when are you going to ask Trinity out?" She said. As she looked over at me. I looked at her like she was crazy.

***BEEP**BEEP***BEEP

I shot out of bed feeling relieved that it was just a dream. I got up checked my phone and the time. I noticed that I had a text message from Trinn telling me goodnight.

Babygirl 🍫😍💦: good night fuckboy.

I couldn't help the goofy smile that was on my face. Saturday was quite an adventure first Chas then the mall run. I smirked to myself. I picked out my uniform for the day. As much as I ain't fuck wit Margate uniforms it had a Nigga looking real fresh. It was the last day til break. I walked to the bathroom and took my shower, I wrapped the towel around my waist. When I was done I brushed my teeth. I looked at my waves and smirked. Them shits were swimming. I walked out and saw Claudia talking to my closed door.