23

Trinity Carter

We left and we're on our way back home. Sadly Tammy and and Tahji wanted to drive in the same car. And that means I would have to drop Josiah home because his dad took his car. At the time when I told them to do that it was smart but right now I really regretted that now. I was in my car, driving listening to Drake as I drove. Josiah was dead quiet the whole ride, the whole time he was biting his finger nail and he wouldn't even look at his phone I knew that he heard it as it vibrated like thirteen different times. Yes, I counted because that was just as many times I had to talk myself into not throwing it out the window.

"Can you seriously answer that?" I asked as I stopped at a stop light. He looked at me as if he had no life in his eyes. He looked gone. I knew he and Tahji smoked weed here and there, but it's like every time I see this boy he's faded. Like so high he could barely even look straight. His eyes were bloodshot and he reeked of weed. He was looking like a red cookie monster.

"It ain't ring." He said nonchalantly. Making complete eye contact with me.

"Yes, it did. It's been vibrating for the longest." I said. He looked at his lap where his phone sat. He flung his head back and looked over at me.

"But, it ain't ring though." he said. I just shook my head while his smirk made it's way on his gorgeous face. I stared for a minute until he started to laugh.

"What?" I asked he smiled and pointed up and I saw that the light was green and I heard car horns. People were really impatient. I stepped on the gas and drive as fast as I could to drop this boy home. I would like to know why we couldn't take the normal route.

"Aye stop there real quick." he said. I looked at him like he lost his mind.

"No." I answered he looked beyond shocked by my answer.

"No, Why?" he asked with a slight pout.

"Because, the store is closed plus, you're high as a kite right now and you need to go home. And I doubt that Kwik Stop will magically open for you because of your munchies." I said. He looked at me and frowned.

"Why are you being so damn mean to me? I thought you loved me?" he said looking as if he was about to cry.

"I thought you loved me too." I said also with a frown, as I drove right past the Kwik Stop and felt all of his child like stares.

"I don't like you anymore." he said as he crossed his arms with a large pout his pink lips were now very visible. I wanted so badly to kiss them but I just couldn't dare even break my promise to myself. I've been hurt way to many times. And talking to Ashleigh he told me that I might need to take a break from jumping into relationships or even talking to a guy and I feel he's right. I'm just going to focus on getting into Preston, since my father did attend there. And that's where my mom and dad met. I can probably find a much more mature guy friend to hang with and maybe even a mature boy friend who isn't after one thing, or using me, or one that's still not over his ex, who of which moved on and is living their life.

"Here's your stop." I said as I pulled up to his house. He sighed.

"Bye, see you at school tomorrow." he said. I rolled my eyes. I laughed.

"Sunday school?" I asked, he shook his head.

"No. I mean school, school." he said seriously.

"Well, you'll be the only one there. Tomorrow is Sunday and today is Saturday." I said. He sighed.

"Woah, that's crazy." he said with a chuckle. I rolled my eyes, and pulled out of his driveway. As I drove down the street the sound of vibrating sounded again. I thought it was my phone until, I remembered, I get no play. I looked over and I say he left his damn phone. I picked it up and all I saw was Kim's name all over his lock screen. She was sending text messages and making phone and FaceTime calls and left voicemail messages, I didn't know people still do that. I rolled my eyes. I was about to make a U-turn when it vibrated once again. I looked down and my mouth opened. She texted him the baby emoji. I made my face up and continued. I pulled up and Josiah was still at his apartment door. Just standing there with his keys in his hands looking down at them confused. I drove up to a guest space, same one I parked in before. I got out and grabbed my keys and both cell phones. I walked up to him and he looked over at me and laughed.

"Woah, School already." he said. As he tried to hug me. I rolled my eyes and stepped back.

"No, you left your phone in my car and you looked like you're in need of help." I said he smirked and nodded.

"I'm always in need for you baby." He said I guess, trying to flirt with me he was too damn late for that. I grabbed his keys unlocked his door, pushed him inside.

"Oh, I like them dominant." He laughed. I once again rolled my eyes. I handed him his phone and walked out. Closing the door behind me. I walked to my car and got in and went on my way.

I felt my phone vibrate I looked down to see. Ashleigh texting me.

Ashleigh: Yo, Trinity i lowkey feel like Kim is up to something. Please make sure she down hurt my mans again.

Me: umm...k

I also felt like she was up to something. But hey, he's no longer my man. And he doesn't care about me. He said it. I pulled up to my house and walked in to see my mom was asleep on the couch. I smiled, I dropped my duffle bag and pecked her head, and covered her with a blanket. You know like how the do it in movies, but the difference was my mom was snoring and her leg was hanging off of the back of the couch. I turned the lights and television off before grabbing my duffle and making my way upstairs only to see Chast and her friends having a sleep over. It was like five of them. Four on the floor on their own small air mattress, with queen Chastity on her bed. I waved at them all and went to my room. I slipped off everything and slid into bed. I was too damn tired. But I couldn't help but think about what Kim was trying to say when she sent the baby emoji to Josiah. It was really annoying me but I needed to get over it. It's none of my business.

I made it to Florida and it's cooler than I thought it was going to be. Lol, I brought summer clothes. And now it's in the 50s just about 20-30° difference. Pray for me👌😂😭