Poems.

Leon and I slowly walked out of my room and towards the front door. I checked the peep hole to see nobody standing there.

"Probably just some ding dong ditchers." I said to Leon as my hand made its way to the doorknob. I swung open the door and to my surprise, there were flowers with a little note attached to them.

"Harley." The front of the card wrote in red ink. I sighed as I picked the flowers up and brought them inside. I set the bouquet down on the kitchen table and stared at the note.

"Are you going to open it?" Leon asked as he peered over my shoulder at the little card. I sighed and swung the card open. I began to read aloud what the card said.

"Dear Harley,
I can't completely give up on us,
because in the back of my mind,
I still believe we'll get our second chance
to do it all over again.

-Tom."

I stared at the note for a moment, then back at the flowers. They were beautiful pink lilies that were placed in a glass vase. Tom was so sweet for this, but I just can't accept it. I can't go breaking his heart, that is if he really still wants me. I'm not that kind of girl.

"That's one sick poem." Tyler said as he walked out of the kitchen.

"You heard that?" I yelled back but heard no response. I groaned and threw the card down on the kitchen counter. I placed my head in my hands as I rested my elbows against the counter.

"Woah, are you okay?" Leon asked as he went to touch my shoulders but quickly pulled away since I slapped his hand. I took deep breaths as I tried to redeem myself. I loved the attention I was getting from Tom, but this needed to end. He looks stupid, but maybe it could be his payback for cheating on me.

"I got to go." I said to Leon as I ran up the stairs to change out of my outfit.

"What?" Leon yelled as I slammed my door shut. I rummaged through my drawers and found the perfect outfit. It was just some low rise flare jeans with gems on the back pockets as well as a cheetah print pink and black top. I paired it with my platform flip flops and ran out the door. As I made my way over to his house, I called Bill.

"Hey, what-"

"Be ready in ten. We need to talk." I said as I quickly hung up the phone. I arrived at Bill's house to see him not outside yet. I honked my horn, letting him know I was there and soon saw him running out his front door.

"Jesus woman what is it?" He asked as he hopped into the passenger seat.

"Just wait. We need to discuss this over coffee." I replied as I took off and drove to the nearest cafe.

"What can I get you?" Our waitress asked as we scanned through the menu.

"I'll take a mocha with a chocolate croissant." I smiled at the lady as she turned her attention towards Bill.

"I'll just have an iced matcha latte. Thanks." He said as we watched the waitress walk off.

"So what is it?" Bill asked, extremely impatient now.

"Your brother is starting to send me flowers." I said with a sly smirk on my face. Before I could continue Bill bursted into a fit of laughter.

"Calm down! I haven't even gotten to the good part yet." I softly chuckled as I hit his arm.

"I'm sorry, that's just- he would never do that." Bill said as he wiped away his tears.

"Anyways, since he doesn't know i'm over him, he looks totally stupid sending me flowers. What better revenge is that? Thinking he has a chance and then dumping him for you!" I spoke as our coffees were placed in front of us, along with my croissant.

"Oh my god that's evil! It's perfect." Bill said as he sipped his latte.

"Right! I'm thinking he should send 3 or 4 more sets of flowers then i'll talk to him about getting back together, and right when we're about to make it official, I tell him we're seeing each other and dump him. I'm such a genius, I know." I smiled and flipped my hair sarcastically as Bill laughed again.

"That's actually so smart though." Bill replied as he took his latte in both of his hands.

"You're okay with it right?" I asked, raising my eyebrows at him.

"Of course! I think it's a great way to humble him." He smiled and placed his hand on mine.