Chapter Two

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep.

That noise was rather irritating. She groaned quietly, not wanting to wake up.

"Stace?" A soft voice caught her attention as the beeping faded into the background.

Another groan escapes the girl in the hospital bed, she was struggling to open her eyes.

"Anastasia." Another familiar voice.

Where was she? What was with the beeping? Why were people calling for her?

Stacie attempts to lift her hand, pain instantly shot through her right arm. This caused her to release a pained sound.

"Stacie." She knew that voice immediately. Beca. She wanted to open her eyes.

"Beca, dear, let her rest." That sounded like Beca's dad.

"No." Beca sounded like she was crying. "My grandmother is dead. I can't lose her too."

"Beca, let her sleep." Beca's dad repeated.

Another groan escapes Stacie, god her head was killing her. "Mnnn." she tries to say Beca's name. But it was just too difficult to form the words she wanted to say, everything was hurting. With yet another groan, Stacie finally forced her eyes open, she was blinded, fluorescent lights shone brightly, making her eyes sting. She looked around the room for Beca and saw Beca's father gently pulling his daughter out of the room, saying, "Let her rest. Let her parents be with her".

No! Why couldn't she speak! Swallowing thickly, Stacie nearly chokes, what was blocking her throat?

"Don't try to talk." She didn't recognise this voice. This was a stranger's voice. She looked away from Beca. A nurse had spoken. "Just relax, breathe."

Panic was filling every fiber of Stacie's body. Why couldn't she speak? What was in her throat? She wanted Beca, and she wanted her dad. Why was everyone so far away?

"Stacie." She felt a man's hand take her uninjured one and her father came into view, blocking Beca from Stacie's view.

The brunette grips onto his hand, she was terrified. What was happening? Where was she? And why was she still hearing that ridiculously loud beeping sound?

"Stacie. You are in the hospital. You were in a car accident." Her father said in a soft voice. "You were going to the care facility to see Beca after her grandmother passed away."

Blinking up at him, Stacie pulls her hand away and reaches up. Her hand hit the tube that was making it to where she couldn't talk. Her eyes widened once more in panic and the beeping sound increased in volume.

"Stacie, you're on a ventilator. You stopped breathing on your own." Henry explained. "You need to try to calm down."

Stacie couldn't calm down, she wanted to see Beca. She needed to see the slightly younger girl.

"I'm going to have to sedate her." The nurse said to Henry.

"Wait, hold on a second." Henry turned. "George, bring Beca in for a moment."

"I don't want her to see her friend like that. She's been through enough today." George said from the doorway. He was shielding his daughter from the scene inside the room.

"Humor me, George, just for a moment." Henry said.

Sighing, George leads Beca into the room again. Perfectly in Stacie's line of sight.

Instantly, the heart monitor slowed down and Stacie seemed to relax as her eyes locked onto the girl she was madly in love with.

Beca was crying and rubbing her eyes. She didn't care that everyone was seeing her as a blubbering mess. She was so emotional she couldn't control it.