Chapter Five

Stacie was released from the hospital the next day, neither her nor Beca knowing about the baby Stacie had miscarried. The older girl hadn't even brought up the fact they were having twins or what she had done. She was a little closed off with everyone but her mother and Aubrey.

She had started talking to the blonde more and more. At school and over the phone.

Beca made it clear that she was there for Stacie whenever the older girl was ready to talk but she had the horrible feeling that things would never be the same.

"Girls, dinner!" Serena calls up the stairs. It had only been two weeks since Stacie was released from the hospital.

Getting up, Stacie makes her way down to the kitchen. Her stomach was a little more noticeable than it was two weeks ago.

Beca came down a few minutes later, sliding into a seat without a word. She wasn't all that hungry, still beating herself up a little for hurting Stacie, she had developed a fine art of torturing herself for stupid things she did or said. She was right, telling the Bellas everything hadn't fixed anything.

Stacie's attention was on her phone as she waited for her food. She was texting Aubrey about how she wanted to fix things with Beca but was terrified of telling her the truth.

Henry came into the room and sat down in a seat at the end of the table.

Sighing, Serena passes out the plates. This whole situation was bugging her.

They began to eat, Stacie texting Aubrey the whole time she ate and Beca only picking at her food.

Once dinner is eaten, Stacie excuses herself. Making her way to her and Beca's room. She closed the door behind herself and sat down on the bed, looking down at her phone.

Aubrey - You should just tell her the truth.

Stacie - I don't want to break her heart.

Aubrey - She'll understand. The two of you can't dance around each other for the rest of your lives. You need to talk to her, tell her everything. Otherwise, you risk losing each other for good.

Stacie stares at the message, jumping slightly when the bedroom door opens suddenly.

Beca came into the room and closed the door behind her. She moved into the corner of the room and sat down between the wall and the bookshelf, lifting a book from the bookshelf beside her. She'd taken to sitting in this spot every day, the confined space made her feel safe.

Swallowing thickly, Stacie puts her phone down on the bedside table before getting up and moving over to Beca. "Can we talk?" she asks softly.

Beca looked up. She hadn't opened the book yet. She nodded slowly. "Sure."

Reaching down, Stacie grabs Beca's hand. She couldn't exactly sit on the floor for this conversation. She pulled Beca up and over to the bed sitting down and pulling Beca down beside her, the book fell from the younger girl's hand and onto the floor. "There's something you don't know." she says softly, looking down at their hands.

Beca stared at Stacie without a word.

"I.... I was starving myself, because I wanted you to want me again." Stacie whispers softly, continuing to stare at their hands. "It could've cost us our babies, and I didn't care at the time. I just wanted you back."

"Starving yourself was a bad idea." Beca said quietly. "You have me. You never need to hurt yourself to get me to want you." She whispered. "I don't look at what you look like on the outside. It's your personality that matters to me."