Chapter Seven

Stacie groans softly as she shifts on the bed, it had only been a few days since the twins were born. Grayson was crying softly in his bassinet and she was exhausted. "Beca, can you get him?"

Beca yawned as she rolled out of the bed and crossed the room, lifting the little boy out of his bassinet and into her arms. "He's hungry. Have you pumped today?" She asked, turning to look at Stacie on their bed.

"Yes." Stacie mumbles softly, she had been mainly quiet since the twins were born. Barely talking or even really asking for help.

Beca nodded. "I'll be back." She said, crossing to the door to leave the room with their son in her arms.

Shifting on the bed, Stacie sighs softly, Hazel had started to cry as soon as Beca left the room. Getting up, she moved over to the bassinet and picked the infant up. "Shhh." She says softly, moving to sit on the bed so she can lift her shirt and help Hazel latch on. She sighed softly as she felt her daughter begin to nurse. This was exhausting. She hadn't realised how much work having children was.

Hazel's hand was resting against the side of Stacie's breast as she nursed, her eyes fluttering closed.

Stacie looks down at the baby, rubbing her back. She didn't know if she could handle this. But she didn't want to say anything to anyone. She wanted to prove to herself that she and Beca could do this, that they could be good parents like their own parents were.

Beca appeared in the room a few minutes later with Grayson who was now taking a bottle. "Your mom said she'd come get his bottle once he's done. She even offered to keep the twins for a few nights so we could sleep."

"That's not necessary." Stacie mumbled immediately, not looking at Beca.

"Why not?" Beca asked. "We both need sleep and your parents are offering to help us." She sat down on the edge of the bed.

Stacie rolls her eyes before looking up at Beca. "We don't need help."

"Stacie, it's a few nights, they are their grandparents, let them help, please." Beca begged as she fed Grayson. "They'll still be in the same house as us, it's not like they are going across town."

The older girl rolls her eyes. "We can't just push them off on my parents every time we are tired Beca." She mumbles.

"We aren't going to." Beca said. She didn't understand why Stacie wouldn't let them help. "It's two nights, just while we get some sleep."

Stacie sighs softly and looks at Beca. "Just at night?" She asks softly.

"Just two nights." Beca responded.

Sighing softly, Stacie slowly nods her head. "Only at night." She whispers softly.

"Is- is that a yes?" Beca asked tentatively as she looked down at Grayson in her arms.

"Yes." Stacie says softly, shifting Hazel to try and burp her.

Beca lifted her head to look at Stacie then leaned over and placed a gentle kiss on her girlfriend's cheek. "Thank you." She whispered into her ear.

Stacie swallows thickly, lifting her head to look at Beca. "You're welcome."

"I love you." Beca whispered quietly.

The older girl turns her attention to Hazel, gently patting her back. "I love you too." She whispers.

Beca rested her head against Stacie's and closed her eyes

Hazel grows fussier in Stacie's arms, causing Stacie to pull away from Beca.

"Shhh." Stacie whispers, continuing to pat her back.