Who Wants to Tell Him?

'Viola!'

Preach was tearing through the bar screaming her name like a mad man. People stopped what they were doing and stared wide eyed at him; The place was almost silent except for the music.

'What's all this fussing for babe?' Viola chirped with a quizzical little smile as she appeared from the crowd, but she froze when she saw her mans crazed look.

'Are you hurt babe? Has anything happened to you?' he demanded gruffly as he gripped her shoulders and searched her body.

'No, of course not. What's going on Derren?' She replied  and using his using his real name. He was breathing hard, like a bull and his hands kept moving over her exposed skin.

'Do me a favour babe, get all the women together and go down to the meeting room. Stay there till we get back.' Viola tried to interrupt but he shook his head violently and continued 'Please babe, don't ask questions now, I'll explain later.' He planted a kiss on her soft mouth and looked at her tenderly as he ran a hand over her perfect cheek.

Viola did as she was asked and ushered the women down stairs, even the gummy faced bar tender who had stopped laughing.

Once the bar was cleared of females, the club set to work, orders were called out and plans quickly drawn. Sentries were posted at every entrance all armed and primed to go. The rest of the patched members, prospects and nomads all peeled out and headed for town. It was a sight to behold.

*

'What's going on?' Roxie demanded of the group. Her hands were on her slender hips and her ever present cigarette hung from her mouth. She was not happy about suddenly being thrust into this cellar, things finally seemed to be on the move with her and Toad, at least he'd woken up in her bed a few times with no recollection of the night before. Down here and them out God only knew where, she had no chance of getting laid.

Honey turned to face them 'Its my fault, isn't it always my fault' she whispered pathetically.

'I don't understand? How is this your faut?' Raven asked. Honey didn't want to say, they'd turn on her like the men had, like James had. She'd pushed them in to trouble again.

Viola spoke though 'Honey's been having some trouble with kids at school, didn't tell anyone. Seems their threats got a bit out of hand. Buzz had to involve cops and this one kid has been a bit more intense. That about right babe?'

Honey nodded and gave a rough outline of everything else to her audience who gathered around her like a protective barrier and made soothing sounds and comments. They understood her predicament but told her it was silly to have tried to hide it. She was made to promise to tell next time.

'There's more though.' She cried. 'This is what made them leave.' She showed them the picture of Clays house 'and then this came. She handed her phone to Viola whose face when from white to green to furious red in seconds.

'THIS IS THE SAME SICK FUCK? IS THIS WHAT YOU SHOWED PREACH.' she screeched and Honey nodded and tried to back away.

'No wonder he tore out of here, that boy won't see morning.' Viola snickered.

'What is it?' she women asked and the phone was passed around. On the screen was a photo of Honey and Vi arriving at the club tonight. The message read- Your friend has a such a pretty face it would be a shame if anything happened to it.

*

The older folks sat round the fire and chatted amicably about life in general. The topic of James and Honey had been well raked over and there was nothing that could be done now, the children had to make their own decisions.