Pain and Panic

Time ticked on endlessly for the unfortunate Brett. He thought that as soon as the two girls had left that he would be set upon but they just stood there. Watching him. He didn't hardly dare move. Having never had contact any bikers before, let alone being in the heart of their club, he had no idea what was going on. He didn't know that there was a hierarchical order that was always obeyed. Nash couldn't touch him till Preach was satisfied and Preach wouldn't touch him till Tommy gave the nod.

Brett just waited in the chilled room. The waiting, for him, was almost unbearable but for Nash the torture was exquisite. He could see the panic rising and the hope fading at the same time. Brett was like a mouse caught and just waiting for the cat the pounce and end its miserable existence. 

Tommy sat in his chair, his massive arms spread wide over the backs of the neighbouring chairs, one ankle resting on his opposite knee. His icy blue eyes cut straight through Brett's feeble form. 'I want you to swear to leave our women alone. Especially Honey, you don't go near her, you don't speak to her and you don't contact her in anyway ever again.' 

'I swear' Brett choked  but really he knew that he was just giving them the answer they wanted. Honey was too good for these guys. He could give her more. He'd never give her up. He just needed her to see how better he was than these fucks.

Tommy saw the flash of defiance and malevolence in Brett's eyes the same time as everyone else. The nod he gave was almost invisible but Preach moved like lightening and gripped the foolish boy by his neck. He dragged him, flailing and squawking,  through the doors at the back, and out into a stark room that was illuminated by a weak strip of light over the centre. The edges of the room were so gloomy that at best a person standing there was only visible by his boots. Brett however was in full light.

Preach flung him back onto the ground and stepped back. 'You're not learning are you boy!' he snarled. 'You really are going to make us do this the hard way aren't you. All you had to do was apologise to our ladies and take a quick beating like a man but instead you lied and lied and even though you know we know, you still think we can't see it.' Preach's voice changed to the soft caress again. 'Now I know that you really never were going to hurt my woman so we'll say no more about it.'

Brett almost looked relieved for half a second before Preach swung his heavy fist into his face. 'That's from my wife!' he spat as Brett crumpled to the floor in agony clutching his battered nose.

Nash strode forward next, his heavy soled boots appeared just in front of Brett's face. Blood was pouring from his nose and lip and it pleased Nash but he hadn't had his turn. In one fluid movement he stooped and gripped the younger man, dragging him up to his feet. Brett swayed a little but remained standing. He looked around but saw nothing of any use to defend himself with.

'Now its my turn. You want to hurt people, you want to cut girls up and scare them to get your own way? Come on then take your best shot, lets see what you've got. I'll even make it easy, I won't swing until you hit me first. But once you land that first punch, all bets are off and I'll fucking end you.'

'Screw you' Brett slurred stupidly, really not knowing when it was time to keep quiet 'You are such a self righteous prick thinking your so fucking tough but really you're just the same as me.'

Nash laughed but the sound was evil instead of humorous and he pushed his face close enough to Brett's that he could feel his breath on his face 'I am nothing like you. You know why? I have never made a threat I didn't intend on seeing through.'

Nash stepped back several steps and motioned for Brett to start. The younger man hesitated, unsure what to do having never been in fight before. He took the classic pugilist stance and heard several men laugh. He looked around warily but saw no-one.