Chapter 12. Distractions

(Hi there, again! First of all, I want to thank you all of you who are reading this humble fanfic. It has been very important to me being able to write again since I used to do it a long time ago and quitted simply because of life and I stopped giving my self time to do what I love. I really felt the need to let you guys know, so thank you again. Now, please, if you want to have a better experience of the story, look for the meaning of the flowers that I name in it. It will help you understand the characters little bit better. And finally, I'd be glad to read any comments you want to leave! With that said, enjoy this chapter! Love you, little Moomins! <3)

'Oh, Moominmamma, I'm telling you, this could be a great opportunity' was saying Mrs. Fillyjonk; 'I am sure my sister will be pleased'.

'I have no doubt about it, but don't you think it could be a better idea to consult Snorkmaiden before you send your sister that letter?' asked Moominmamma in a weary manner.

'Of course! It's almost offensive from you to think that I would make such an important decision on my own! Actually, I was counting on you to arrange a meeting as soon as possible'.

Moominmamma doubted as she served her guest some more tea.

'Well, I think I could do it, but it might not be the best of the moments considering the delicate process she has gone through these days' answered Moominmamma.

It has been two days since Snorkmaiden had decided to break her relationship with Moomin and they hadn't seen her around.

The Snork had demanded to speak to Moomin since his sister had given him very little information and she had been crying in random moments of the day, making him feel very confused and frustrated.

'I am not an expert on relationships and never have I honestly envied couples, but it seemed to me that yours was a very serious matter' had said the Snork to Moomin.

They had sat in the parlour and both Moominpappa and Moominmamma where there concerned for Snorkmaiden's state.

'I also thought it was, indeed, although I could never meet her expectations and if it wasn't for her I wouldn't have understood the truth' had replied Moomin.

'I see, but what should I do? My sister crying unconsolably! Is there anything I can do to ease her?' he asked in a dramatic tone.

'I am afraid that only time and your unconditional support will help her, Snork. Let her speak to you whenever she feels like it and be kind to her' said Moominmamma.

'Ah, young heartbreaks! The heart is a strong muscle, but so fragile when it comes to love' declared Moominpappa rising his pipe.

'Yes, yes, of course. Sure, your boy made a decent match for her, but my nephew has the nobility your family, if you allow me, lacks' explained the Fillyjonk giving her tea a cautious sip.

Moominmamma, who had learnt to downplay Mrs Fillyjokns less pleasant remarks, answered: 'You said he'd be coming at your sister's place in a month. I don't see why we should hurry. What that young lady needs now is some time'.

'But you would agree with me that it's the perfect distraction, and I'm not meaning my nephew only, but a trip to the islands of the south! All filled with purple and blue massive hydrangeas, Moominmamma, a real beauty of nature. My sister is being really generous. It's just natural that I want to correspond her with an early answer so that she can plan their trip properly. Oh, Snorkmaiden is so lucky!' exclaimed the Fillyjonk.

Finally, Moominmamma answered: 'I suppose a trip and good company will do her well'.

'Oh, now you're thinking properly, Moominmamma!' said the Fillyjonk with a smile and clapping softly with delight.