XXii| The Stare

Italics: Finnish

●▬▬▬▬▬ ⋆🧊🇫🇮 ⋆ ▬▬▬▬▬●

ᴺᴼᵂ ᴾᴸᴬᵞᴵᴺᴳ : Come and get it

"When you're ready, come and get it

Na, na, na, na"

When Anneli heard that Felipe was going to potentially drive in his first Formula 1 race, she was ecstatic

When Anneli heard that Felipe was going to potentially drive in his first Formula 1 race, she was ecstatic. For once, it was easy to tell as her smile radiated brightly. He would be driving in practice and if Lance Stroll's injury didn't get better, he'd be racing too.

Anneli had never met Lance but it seemed only right to route for Felipe being able to drive.

Sadly for her but good news for Lance Stroll, he was able to race. Felipe still got the experience of another practice as well as staying in the garage for the rest of the weekend (though he was likely to be there most of the time anyway).

KImi had arrived on Friday but had stayed away from the Formula 1 paddock and been in the Formula 2 one to keep his daughter company. He was accompanied by Antonio Giovinazzi every day he was there, who was in his Ferrari shirt as he was their reserve driver and Le Mans driver this year.

"Good morning Arthur," Anneli spoke calmly as she walked into the DAMS area.

It was Sunday and an hour away from the first feature race of the season. So far, Anneli had gotten P2 in Qualifying on Friday and proceeded to win the Sprint Race to leave her with Pole position for the race.

The F2 was always a lot earlier than F1, which Anneli preferred so she could watch the F1 races. The feature race was due to start at 1:20pm in Bahrain.

"Dad, Tonio, this is Arthur," Anneli introduced. "Arthur, this is my dad, Kimi, and Antonio."

Arthur seemed to remain calm as he shook Kimi's hand but Anneli could see the faint admiration in his eyes. Antonio gave Arthur a kind smile and a wave.

"I need to get ready, I'll see you after the race," said Anneli to her father.

An hour later, Anneli was sat on the grid watching the red lights count down, hands gripping the steering wheel and her face fully focused and relaxed. 

Anneli got a good start as the lights went out, firmly ahead of Theo Pourchaire in second.

"Okay, Anneli, you've got Pourchaire behind you but you are faster currently," said Liam through the radio.

"Copy."

This didn't particularly mean much as a safety car was soon in place a couple of laps later with a collision of a few of the other cars. Anneli checked to make sure everyone was okay and it wasn't Arthur before regaining her full focus again.