An Evening Getting Babysat By Louisa {Day 23}

{2007 Words}

"Now, remember pumpkin pie. Louisa is a mischievous middle and has magical switchy powers. I want you to be a good girl and message me if she tries to lure you into her mischief, okay?"

"Yes, Daddy. Louisa is a silly brat."

"Yes, pumpkin baby. And where do you silly brat?"

"Only at home witch Daddy. Nu at daycare and nu at Uncle Fibber's."

"Good girl."

While Molly and Louisa were hugging to say hello, Uncle Fibber was whining to Daddy about his bum from the other night at Papa's.

"Quit your bellyaching!"

"Easy for you to say, your human little treated you like a delicate butterfly that might break! Because you are weak!"

The girls giggled.

"You're the one who can't seem to handle a simple spanking! Here, since you are such a little boy. You can have a sucker!"

"I'm not a little boy! But I never say no to candy!" Uncle Fibber took the icky sucker from the doctor's office and began unwrapping it.

"Ohh me too please!" Louisa chimed in and asked for the second sucker. Edwin didn't want to let his brother know how disgusting it would be before it was in his mouth so Edwin handed the second sucker to his neice.

"May the odds be in your favour."

"Huh?" Louisa didn't understand the old man joke.

"Nevermind." Louisa shrugged and started unwrapping the sucker. Both Theo and Louisa put the sucker in their mouths at the same time. Both made disgusted faces.

"Icky!! It tastes like snakeskin!"

"I doubt they make snakeskin suckers, Louisa."

Louisa put the sucker into Edwin's hand. "Take your sucker back, you snake! May the skins be in your flavour!"

"Yeah, ya snake! Take mine back too!" Edwin winced at the two suckers making his hand sticky. This was not how his tiny prank on his brother was supposed to go. Why does everyone put icky things in my hand?

Louisa pulled on Molly's hand while they giggled at their Daddies. Molly gasped when she looked around Louisa's room.

"This is soo cool!" Louisa's room looked like a teen from the 1980s slept there. It was pink and purple. She didn't have guardrails, just a half circle headboard and footboard. There was a silly pattern on her bedding and her curtains. The posters on her walls went all the way up to be on her ceiling too! The only spot not covered with posters was a big neon sign with little ghosts getting chased by a partially eaten wheel of cheese.

"What are these?!" Molly pointed to Louisa's nightstand.

"This is called a game boy. It's basically like a cellphone but you can only play games on it. This is an old fashioned telephone, I mostly just put my cell phone on the side of it when I sleep. If someone calls me, it also rings the telephone. But it's mostly decoration. This is called a walkman, it plays music. Oh and this is a Polaroid camera." Louisa snapped a button and a bright light flashed. A square thing came out of the bottom and Louisa began to shake it.

"That seems like a lot of stuff for something a cell phone can just do for you."

"There wasn't cell phones or WiFi in the 1980s." Molly doubted 'peak human civilization' would include no cell phones or WiFi. "Here!"

Louisa handed Molly a picture of her looking at the camera. It wasn't the prettiest picture, a cell phone probably would have done a better job. Molly smiled. "Thanks, Louisa!"