02. Mateo

The mention of my name send's quivers down people body, everyone knows what I have done, and all I can do. Yet here this woman is threatening me with a small baby pink gun, and driving me around the city in my own car.

Fernanda Cristobal(24 years)

I knew who she was i've seen her before in countless clubs, she drew my attention from the moment she walked in, her dark black eyes, full lips, the way her hair undulates as she dances

I knew who she was i've seen her before in countless clubs, she drew my attention from the moment she walked in, her dark black eyes, full lips, the way her hair undulates as she dances. Fernanda Cristobal is a woman impossible to ignore.

Everything about what I was doing was wrong and selfish, a man like me cannot afford to settle, and fall in love.

Yet here I am binding her to me.

"I won't marry you." She stated as we approached a red light.

"Is there someone else?" I asked confident in the fact that there was no one else, I would know.

"For starters I'm barely twenty-four years old and at the peak of my journaling career, I can't afford to put it on pause, neither will I quit." She said pressing on the gas pedal.

"I would never ask you to quit doing something you are passionate about. You have my word Fernanda, and I am a man of my word." She nodded but the snicker above her mouth told me something else, she was gearing up for an argument. "You wouldn't ask me to quit, but what happens down the line when you want a baby, don't you think that will hinder my career." She voiced out a concern which seemed pretty reasonable.  "I won't force you to have my babies, being a father is not something I'm passionate about, as a matter of fact I will never force you to do something you don't want to." I said. "I don't want to marry you then, will you force me?" She asked using my words against me.

"I will not force you..." I said. "But know that marrying me isn't the worst thing that can happen to you." I said instantly realizing that it sounded like a threat.

"This is me," she muttered putting the car in park, she grabbed her bag, and got out.

I quickly gout out and rushed after her.

"I can offer you protection, and all the commodities, you've had until now." My time was running out and I needed an answer. "I want to spend the rest of my life with someone I love, can you offer me love." I remained silent not knowing what to say, she nodded as if she suspected my answer, before entering the building.

I seat in my car for at least half an hour going through a pack of cigarettes, before speeding into the darkness of the city. I rose early in the morning, in order to join Esteban for breakfast. He wanted information on the agreement, and stats on the clubs and other businesses.

I seat at his large dinner table a manila carpet beside me. I stood up as soon as Esteban walked in. He quickly walked to the end of the table, begging me to take a seat. "Mateo my son, what news do you have for me?" He asked as a servant poured some coffee into his white porcelain mug. I handed him the folder with the information on the clubs, and told him everything was sailing smoothly with business. "Now what about the alliance with the Cristóbal's?" He asked.