Chapter 26: Beowulf, Deer, Old Dragon

A/N:

WE'VE OFFICIALLY ENTERED THE PATCH ACT!

Whooo! Let's go! Healing time baby! Taking a break from all the depressive stuff! Let's go!

Anyway, I hope you guys are happy that we're going to be taking a break from all the sad stuff and Jaune finally will be getting the help he needs that will guide him off the dangerous path he's on! But who is that mysterious hooded figure following Jaune!? Guess you'll have to wait and see!

XXX

XXX

XXX

XXX

XXX

XXX

Qrow raced through the trees as he quickly tried to get to the village as he saw the smoke in the distance. He had just left the village for a moment and now it was being attacked, but by what? Grimm? White-Fang? Bandits?

Qrow finally arrived only to see a horrifying sight before him, the bodies of the villagers laid across the ground, their bodies torn to pieces and their blood pooling together.

"WHERE!?"

Qrow froze when he heard a guttural cry that sounded like pain and anger.

Qrow's eyes turned to the source and that's when his heart stopped and his body turned cold. Amidst the ruined and burning village, stood an extremely tall humanoid creature, it had with a dark purple, almost black body. Its physique appears emaciated with a pronounced spine, collarbone, shoulder blades, ribcage, and pelvis. There are two sets of white horns sprouting from the back of its cranium and lower skull. It had dark red and black stripes on its hips and on the forearms. It has four digits on each hand and three digits on each foot, each ending with a pointed claw. It has a long tail that starts thin and fans out close to the tip, adorned with more dark red and black stripes. On its face, it appeared to wear a white lupine or reptilian masque with red highlights.

It was unlike any Grimm, Qrow had ever seen.

Suddenly, it moved, and the way it moved was unnervingly quick and jerky manner, and Qrow swore he could hear the cracking of bones as it moved and jerked around.

"WHERE!?" It cried. "WILL YOU NOT COME OUT IF I SLAUGHTER ALL THESE HUMANS!?" It cried.

Qrow's eyes widened with shock, 'It spoke! That Grimm spoke!' He thought to himself.

Suddenly, its hand broke into a building and the creature pulled out a young boy, around the age of 10.

"COME OUT! COME OUT! COME OUT!" It cried. "COME AND FACE ME! MY OLD ENEMY!"

Qrow finally came to his senses and regained himself and quickly pulled out his weapon, but in a flash, the creature turned to him and looked at him. Qrow jumped away just as the creature destroyed the tree he was at.