Chapter 50- The Calling

Meelo was using airbending to load bags onto Pepper, while Ikki stood on top, catching them.

"Tenzin, are you sure you can't go with them?" Pema asked.

Tenzin replied, "Raiko asked me to stay here and help figure out a diplomatic solution to this Kuvira problem."

Ikki chimed in, "Mom, we'll be fine. Grandpa Aang and his friends were around our age when they traveled the world. Plus, Fara is coming."

I walked out of the home and began walking over to my family. "Sorry, I was on the line with Iroh."

Meelo turned his back on Pema and said, "Mom, we're going to be out in the wild, living off the land! We don't need your food!"

Pema added, "But I made your favorite treat..."

Meelo was surprised. "Sweet buns with happy faces on them?" Pema nodded. "Well, I guess we're not officially on the road yet." He grabbed one of them and opened it, only to discover that it had a smudge over the face. "Aww, this one is smudged," he said, showing it to his mother.

Pema tried to console him, "You know, sometimes things get smudged in the wild."

Jinora pulled the bag of food closed and jumped off of Pepper to hug Tenzin.

Tenzin asked, "Were you able to get a read on Korra yet?"

"No," Jinora answered, "but once we're further out, I'll be able to hone in on her spiritual energy. We should be able to find her within a few days."

Tenzin turned to his children who were already mounted on Pepper. "Good luck! And be careful! Remember, Fara's in charge!"

Meelo retorted, "I answer to no man. Or girl, even if she does have rare bending abilities."

Tenzin lightly scolded him, saying, "Meelo!"

"Now let's move out, soldiers!" Meelo said.

I rolled my eyes; I honestly couldn't believe my father had dragged me along with my siblings. Jinora was old enough to look after the other two.

Jinora sighed, "Ugh... Pepper, yip-yip!" Pepper took off, while Tenzin and Pema stared after their children.

After a long ride, we passed a mountainous region, and Pepper landed on the top of a tower. The airbenders got off the bison.

"Finally!" Meelo squealed. "I've been holding my pee for an hour!"

Jinora got behind a small tower, closed her eyes, and started meditating.

Ikki poked her head out, saying, "If you get through to Korra, tell her I said hi." Jinora opened her eyes slightly annoyed.

I looked over at Ikki. "Ikki, leave her alone; she's concentrating."

Ikki poked her head again, "I was just asking her if she feels anything. Do you feel anything yet?" Ikki came completely from behind the tower, grabbing her hips. "What's taking so long?"

Jinora sighed lightly in frustration. "Ikki, I can't concentrate if you keep talking. Why don't you go play with some of those spirits?"

Ikki sighed and went back to where she was as Meelo approached. "Jinora's spirity powers are broken, and she doesn't know where Korra is."

I hissed at Ikki. "Ikki, don't say that."

"What? It's true," she shrugged.

"My powers are not broken. I just need more than two seconds and some quiet," Jinora said.