Chapter 2

I felt my heart in my stomach when I heard the scream. I didn't know what to do, I felt the goosebumps form onto my arm. I was about to get out of there as fast possible, but part of me wants to go save whoever is in trouble.

I jump onto Saba, "Let's go!" I command Saba. We bolted toward the direction of the screams. As I carefully listened, I heard it coming from the West, location of the junkyard. We head off in the direction of it.

We zoom through the gates and zigzag through the garbage maze, and up a hill, to hide behind a pile of metal. As I peek over the pile, making sure no one sees me, I look down below.

A large crowd of men surround two cloaked prisoners. The duo squirmed as they were thrown to the ground and then their cloaks were pulled revealing, their identities.

They were both scrawny looking, but appeared completely different. A pale white girl with super short white hair and a super tanned dark haired guy. Wtf? What do they want with them?

I then felt my heart stop, as I watch a man come through the crowd of men. As soon as I saw him, my body filled with rage. It's him, Dr.Blanc.

"Look what we have here."  He taunted..  "A couple of nosey kids." He smirks and laughs with a sinister grin. The two kept squirming with the rope around their wrists. He begins to circle them, touching the girl's hair, he snickers to himself as she pulls back. He eventually walks back around to the guy. A soldier looks at snags at her dog tag.

"Sir, her dog tag says Sullivan" The soldier reported back. Blanc then walks over,pauses, and looks at her dog tag. He then moves over to the guy and looks at his. He then looks up at him and smirks. "You're his."

"Please just let us go we won't tell anyone about this." The girl pleaded. 

Dr. Blanc with a gun in his hand "Oh I don't think that will be necessary" he loads the gun. The girl watches as he slowly points the gun at the guy's head. "NO STOP PLEASE!" The girl screams. I gasp, now I am really starting to rage.

"Any last words?" Dr. Blanc says, the guy stares at him quietly. I couldn't take it anymore, I hopped onto Saba, took my bow and aimed it at his gun. "No? Well then." before he was about to fire, I shot the gun out of his hand.

I watch Dr. Blanc and his team stare at me in utter shock as Me and Saba charge down. The men spread like roaches away from us. I aimed my arrow at one of his soldiers and shot one of them in the chest.

"DONT JUST STAND THERE, GET HER!" He screams. The swat team begins to fire at us, I scream all of my emotions out of my body as me and Saba charge. I get on top of Saba and flip off. I get up and fire at the men charging toward me. I'm knocking guys out left and right. I run and flip while hitting a bullseye in a soldier's chest. I quickly put my bow away and grab my bat.

I swing at my targets. I see the others on the sideline, the girl cheering me on, The guy looking super grumpy. I then whip my head around to see another man charging toward me, I then remembered my machete and flipped it out, then swinging it at the soldiers neck, knocking him on the ground. I look over to the others on the side.

I look over at the girl, I almost stupidly tossed my machete out of her, but realized she might use it against me, I had to quickly look around and I spotted a metal shard. I pick it up "Take this!" I yell sliding the shard toward the girl.

The girl catches it between her boots, "Thanks!" she yells back. I run off and fighting off the rest of them. I see Saba jump onto a man and shake him around in her mouth along with a trail of guys she took out.

Just then, I hear footsteps behind me. "Behind you!" The girl yelled, I do a full 180, the guy tries to swing at me but he misses and I knock him out flat with my bat. I turn and see a bunch of swat members shoot at Saba but it does nothing and she still chases after them, soldiers start falling over each other, trying to run away. Saba does a deep roar and goes to lie down.

I chase after the surviving men, seeing my murderer get away. "DAMN IT!" I stomped my foot throwing my bat to the ground yelling. I huff and puff out of defeat, pick my bat up and begin collecting my arrows that were left over.

I look over to see the two get un-tied. I then walk over to them making sure they were alright.
"That was AMAZING!" The girl ran over to me me. " Where did you learn to do that?" the girl she chirped. I turned around, "Do what?" I questioned.

"Do what? You just fought off a whole army of grown men!" The girl blurted out.

"Well..I wouldn't say a whole army." I chuckled.

"Single handed? She had a Smilodon to basically do all the work, that doesn't count." The guy jogged up next to her.
" Oh really?" I questioned him.

"Yea! I could've done it alone!" He replied.
"Hm. Ok." I walk past him and stop. "Think fast!" I kick the backs of his knees in and he folds to the ground. The girl next to him bursts out into laughter.

"Anything else?" I ask him. "Nah-" He stutters breathless. "I'm..good..Salem..A lil help here?" He asks her. She grabs his hands and lifts him up off the ground. He brushes himself off. 

"You ok Levi?." She controls her laughter to pick him up. "Yea I'm fine."

I continue to pick up the rest of my arrows. Salem and Levi, interesting.
"Who even are you?!." Levi yapped at me.

I finish collecting the last of my arrows and walk over to Saba packing up my gear. "I'm Thana, and this is Saba." I introduced myself and Saba. Salem gives me a smile and looks down.

"Oh my god! You're bleeding!" Salem looked down and gasped. "What?" I asked confused. I looked down to whatever she was looking at. My entire calf was slashed open, absolutely dripping in blood. My body filled with uneasiness as only one thing came to mind. Raptors.

With a certain amount of blood, even the smallest drop of blood,  drives Raptors mad, they can smell that shit from a quarter mile away, you wouldn't even have enough time to escape before they absolutely ripped you to shreds.

"Oh fu- SABA!" I yell in panic.
"What's wrong, are you ok?" The girl comes up to me.

I begin to hyperventilate. "We need to leave, NOW!"  „But your leg!?"
"Forget about my stupid leg! We need to get out of here now before-" I get cut off with the sounds of Raptors barking in the distant.
"That."
"LETS GO!" Levi yells.

Levi and Salem run around the corner of the huge hill of junk. "Follow us! Quickly!" Salem yells.

Normally, with situations like this, I wouldn't save the person, and if I did decide to save them, It usually doesn't end with a friendly invite to follow them, so all of this, was out of the norm.

I didn't really have time to think about what to do, but my instinct felt like I was going to get help if I went with them. I hop on Saba and sigh, I perk my head up, the Raptor noises were getting closer. "HYAH!" Saba runs off.

I follow them around the corner, Levi and the other girl whistled for their rides. I then see horses galloping over.

Bruh, are you kidding me? They ride horses in the dinosaur apocalypse? I'm surprised they haven't been eaten yet.

Levi hops on and bolts off. Salem throws herself onto the horse and she bolts off. Me and Saba quickly follow up behind her.

As we rode off, I turn around to see the city grow smaller and smaller, eventually vanishing. I turn back around to look at Levi and Salem galloping on their horses. I rode up next to Salem.

"Where are we going?!" I yelled over to her. "My Village!" She yells. "Your Village..?" I repeat back. "Yea it's not far from here! We'll be there soon!" She yells back and zooms off, I follow behind her as we bolt off into the desert. Part of me feels iffy, but part of me feels like I'll be ok.

To be Continued...

Thanks for Reading!