Chapter 12

In the mountains...

I slowly open my eyes and wake up, I see the sunrise. I thought it was all a dream, until I realize, my clothes were scattered around on the ground.

I turn and see Archie. Realizing it wasn't a dream. We went wild last night.

We must've fallen asleep afterward. I snuggled up into the blanket and watched him sleep for a bit.

I stroked my hand through his hair, he slowly woke up. He yawned, "Awake already?" He softly laughed. I nudged him in the arm and mumbled "Shut up." before laughing too.

We were then alarmed by a distant bell, ringing like mad. I flipped around to look at Archie. His eyes widen with panic.

"Code Red." Archie mumbled.

"We have to go, quick!" He jumped out from under the blankets and started throwing his clothes on.

I didn't question it, I also did the same and rushed to throw my clothes on and grabbed my things.

We both got up and sped off. Wth is happening?! Could It be Blanc?

We rode back to the village as quickly as possible,  to find out what was happening. We eventually made it back and we saw people running around like Compys with their heads chopped off.

We both desperately searched for someone we knew. "Jett! I see him!" Archie pointed out. We both ran over to Jett while he ran to us. "Jett! What's going on?" Archie thundered.

" Dr.Blanc, he has been spotted near the village." Jett sputtered.

We both gasped. Archie spun and glared into my eyes. "I have to go home, go find the others quickly, we have to get to high ground!" He insisted.

I nodded in fear as we hugged. "Go!" He yelled, I ran as quickly as possible and whistled for Saba. I hopped on and ran home as quick as possible.

I ran inside to look for the Sullivans, I panted screeching out for names.

Salem Levi ran out with their guns and bags. "Guys.." I mumbled and ran up into a huge hug with them. "Where's your mom and dad?!" I asked them.

"They're with Archie and Thalia's parents, they're preparing for Dr.Blanc's arrival.

"Cmon, we have to get out of here, Archie is going to take us to high ground." I informed them. We all nodded and ran out the door. We whistled for our animals and hopped on to go look for Archie, Thalia and Jett.

We rode to their house, and found them outside waiting for us. "Are we heading to the mountains?" Levi panted to Archie. "Yes, my dad and your dad along with the rest of the village are going to fight." He explained.

"...Ok." He responded. Archie lead the way. "Let's go!" We all ran off out the exit me and Archie took yesterday.

We all ran out as fast as possible out the gates back up to the watch tower up in the mountain.

Just then, I hear Thalia scream. We all turn around to see 3 lines in the grass quickly approaching us. Raptors.

"GO! GO!" Levi roared.

We all quickly bolted off, I grabbed my bow as I began shooting arrows at the Raptors while everyone else fired their guns.

"Spread out!" Jett screeched.

We split off into different directions, dashing through the tall grass, running toward the swamp, making sure that I had a good grip on Saba, while one Raptor followed each of us.

I turned back to try and aim at the Raptor, when suddenly a Raptor jumped out and screeched.

I tried to aim and fire but the Raptor was too quick, that I missed.

The noise was so loud, it threw me out of balance,almost falling off Saba, but I managed to regain balance and kept running.

"This way!" I yelled to Salem as we took a sharp turn and relocated our direction to the others, until, I noticed a shadow behind Salem in the field coming straight at us.

"LOOK OUT! I heard something being fired into the air behind me. It was soliders on horseback, trying to fire nets at us, I then lost Salem out in the fields.

Panic flooded my brain when something bumped into the side of me. I had a solider run up next to me.

I aimed, and fired the guy off his horse. I lead Saba and Salem through the fields, nearing the Swamp, trying desperately trying to get to it without being seen, only to see two soliders  coming our way from two different directions. We tried to lose them, when suddenly one of them shot a net on us and I heard a blood curdling scream.

I turned around to see Salem being dragged away in the mud, caught in the one of the nets. I tried to catch up to her, but it was too late, I watched shrink smaller in the distance as she tried desperately to escape while latched on a screeching Raptor bolting away.

I ran out from the swamp forest, as I came out, I couldn't believe what I saw next.

I watched as Salem was being dragged to a huge army of soliders, and the whole T-Rex village, along with Sam, Nadia, Beau, and Margaret, facing off.

That's when I saw someone appear out of the army of soliders, it was him. Dr.Blanc.

I heard him begin to speak from a large cone, that projected his voice.

"We meet again, Sam Sullivan." He greeted.

"Let my daughter go Blanc." Sam commanded aggressively.

Dr. Blanc paused for a moment and sinisterly began laughing.

" If want your daughter back... then come get her." He cackled, leading the army off. "I will not hesitate to execute your kid!"

Sam roared with anger.

I felt my blood boil with anger as I saw Blanc run off. I then heard the others run up behind me.

"Thana!" I heard them yell for me.

I hopped off and quickly ran toward them.

"Are you ok?" Archie asked me. "I'm fine, but Salem isn't." I responded
"Where's Salem?" Levi begged.
"They took her." I muttered.
"WHAT?" They all cried out.

"We have to go after them!" Levi demanded, as he lunged forward.
" No. It's too risky." Jett stopped.
"Risky?!" He screamed. "They could kill her at any moment!" He snapped!

"Levi! Please! Calm down!" Thalia insisted running up to him.

I thought for a moment. "If we're going to get Salem back, we have to act smart." Jett explained.

"You're right." Levi agreed. "...And I know just the plan." He finished as he ran back to his Tyran. "Come on." He commanded us to follow him.

We all ran onto our animals and rode off, following the army.

To be continued...