Chapter 5

According to Sam, we're heading down south of the country. I've never traveled down south before. I've never travelled this far before and neither has Saba. It took us about 3 days, with breaks included.

After hours of traveling, the environment changed from blazing hot desert to being surrounded by marshes and wetlands.

We crossed through some tall grass, until we arrived at a small opening to a path that led to a tree-line at the end. Sam continued ahead through, while the rest of the us followed him onto the makeshift dirt road to the ends of the path into the forest.

After a few minutes of crossing through the maze of forest, after we made it to the outskirts of the trees, there it appeared, one of the biggest villages i've ever came across in my whole life. Similar concept to the Sullivan's village, but it had a tall wood and barbed wire combo wall. multiple towers the village, stood at each corner.

It was surrounded by swamps and grasslands with a few trees around it. In back was a gigantic multi colored canyon. We followed the path up towards the village gates.

As we approached the entrance of the village, Sam got off his horse and cautiously went up to the gate. "Hello?" Sam calls out, Suddenly guns start to lock and click, two men stand on one side of one tower, another two on the other. They had a sort of western cowboy look to them, cowboy hats, bandanas, and western looking guns.

"Don't even think about reaching for your weapons!" A guard yells.

Nadia tries to reach for her gun. "Hang on, I got this." Sam commands to her calmly, she moves her hand away.
"Who are you and why are you here?" The guard asks.
"Sorry we're just trying to make our way through. I'm looking for Beau' Dean." Sam replies.
"Well I'll be damned" a man with a thick, southern accent spoke.
"Through to where?" Guard asks.
"Open the gates! They're alright!"

The man, who i'm presuming to be Beau, was the most epiphany of a Southern cowboy. He wore this big cowboy hat, with boots, chaps and a bandana around his neck. Along with it he had a bushy, dark brown,beard and mustache. His skin was similar pale skin like Sam, but a bit tanner than him.

"You know these people?" Guard confusedly asks.
" Oh I know them alright." He comes down to unlock the gate and greet us.

Sam smiles with relief. "I knew I recognized that white head of yours." Beau chuckled. "It's good to see you again Beau." Sam replied as they shake hands.

"Cmon inside, it's a lot safer in here." Beau says as he leads us in. As we followed him in. The country folk gave us the same look that I got when I came into the Sullivan's village.

"False alarm, it's Sam Sullivan!" Beau yells as the men hold their guard down and continue working.

Beau walks along side Sam while the others follow behind, "Here come up this way, I'll introduce you to the family, they're back by barn.

We followed Beau to the back of the farm, I turn around to see that the villagers stopped working and started to follow us. It was pretty creepy, I won't lie. I gave a wtf look to Salem. She gave me a similar look but shrugged it off.

We walk up to this semi-furnished barn, I take a look around, and there's more country people surrounded us. They were all super country looking, they were all almost copy and paste with one another, cowboy hats, boots, jeans, crosses everywhere, I felt like I was at a cult meeting. We all dismounted off. Me and Salem followed behind Levi.

"Y'all just stay right here, I'll be back." Beau says as he trots into the Barn yelling "Darlin'!" More People started to gather and look at us.

Just then, Me and the others jumped a gigantic Terror Bird came running towards us, but just then, it came to a halt. I took a closer look and realized it had a SADDLE?