Chapter 10

In the Village...

We eventually made it to Thalia's house, it was the biggest one in the village. It had a huge T-Rex Skull at the front. I looked up to observe it. I couldn't believe how big it was, I've never seen a skull that big before.

"Come on in!" She says, Me and Salem come in.
We all go in, and room is strangely comfy in there.
All wooden with lanterns for light along with a couple of followers, with a small vanity. I was surprised she even managed to find a vanity.

Anyway, she pulled out a couple of dresses for us. "Let's see what I have." She goes into her closet, and skims through. "Y'all are ok to sit on the bed." So we chill on the bed and she pulls out a couple of dresses, she pulls out a beige black checkered striped dress with puffy short sleeves on it.

"Ah! That's gonna look super cute on you!" Thalia squeaked. She then had a look for me, and found the supposedly perfect one. a light pink dress with a flower pattern for me. "Thank you, it's really generous for you to offer us your dresses."

"Nada' problem! I feel like y'all are apart of our village now, which means you're one of us now." She smiles. Salem goes and hugs her, they open their arms for me to join them.

We giggled, Saba chuffed at us, sticking her head through the window. "Oh no! We forgot Saba, let's get her in here too!" Thalia giggles, she stick her head in and purrs. We all laughed.

Later that evening...

The sunset, Me and Salem grabbed our dresses and headed back to Thalia's house. We knocked on the front door, and Thalia opened it, she had this frilly worn down blue dress. She welcome us in, and we followed her to her room.

"Where'd your mom and dad go?" Salem asked
"They're setting up the pavilion, getting everything ready." she said.
"Where's Archie?" I asked.
"He just left actually, met up with Jett and Levi." She said.

"Well cmon! Get them dresses on!" She poked at us. Salem got hers on before me. "AH! You look so cute!" She squeals grabbing her hands and then fluffing up the dress. I then finally put mine on. They both awed me when they saw me in my dress.

I blushed, "I feel very exposed." I say.
"What! Why?" Thalia asks me as she fixes mine. "I dunno, normally my legs are covered, it feels weird having air on my legs." We all laughed.

She was really pampering us tonight, she's generous like that anyway. She brushed Me and Salem's hair. Salem's is short so not much brushing involved, for me, she told me it was like a rats nest, I just laughed.

We both eventually saw ourselves, and wow, I couldn't even recognize myself, I looked so different. I looked like a girl for once, a human being, and not a cavewoman.

They were both taken a back, even Saba was a bit shocked to see me like this. "You look amazing!" Salem cheered.

"Give us a spin!" Thalia said. I just went in an awkward circle, still felt weird being like this. "BEAUTIFUL! Now cmon! Before we're late! She nudged us out and we left out the door to the pavilion.

I felt kinda nervous going into the pavilion, especially with a dress on. We eventually make it there, and I froze, I saw Archie with Jett, Levi and his friends. I try to turn around, but the girls and Saba pushed and dragged me in.

"Hey boys!" Salem yells out. Levi's face turned bright red seeing Thalia. Salem and Jett giggled.

Then Archie saw me, he froze and stared at me. I once again felt myself turn red. He blushed a little bit too. I hate to say this, but he looked nice, he had some scruffy dress pants, and an old worn dress shirt, it was likely from his dad.

I quickly looked away from him, and stood next to Salem.
She nudges me, and smiles. I push her jokingly and we laugh.

Beau then yelled out to make a celebration to not only congratulate Sam but welcome our family to, we clapped as an upbeat songs comes on.

"Cmere! Let's dance!" Thalia and Salem giggle, and they eventually drag me out with them. We all started dancing together , we begin line dancing and spinning around other people. The party just began!

I got so distracted by the dancing that I wasn't even nervous anymore and for once was having fun, I pull them over to the edge to include Saba. "Hey watch this." I run over and I pick up Saba by her front arms and we begin dance, a small group giggles. I put her down and scratch her head.

As I twirled back to the girls, I noticed that Archie, was dancing with another girl, I stopped in my tracks when I felt my heart burn up, into rage.

The thought of him being with another girl agitated me, it made me want to strangle the girl the girl to death.

I tried to shake it off but I couldn't. The more I looked, the angrier I felt. I just stomped off, hating the sight.

Salem grabs my shoulder "Salem let go." I growl.
"Where are you going?"She asks me. I sigh, I look back at Archie who's still dancing with that girl. She turns around and then looks back at me and snickers. "You're jealous of that girl !" She says.

"What? No I'm not!" I snap at her, "You are! You totally like him!"
"I don't like Archie, I don't care what he does! If he wants to dance with, her! Then he can, I don't care!" I away ride off on Saba, back to the cabin, I barge in and fall smack on the bed. I just groan.

I start suddenly breathing heavily, it felt hard to breathe. My face starts to crinkle, and tears run down my face.

I'm crying over Archie? What the hell is going on with me?!

I wipe the tears off my face profusely, but they still keep coming out. I have so many thoughts and feelings running through my head. Saba sticks her head in to comfort me, I hugged her head and I cried. I continued to cry for over an hour, just hiding in my dark abyss not wanting to come out.

I eventually calm down and get my thoughts straight. I was so exhausted after all that crying that I passed out.

The next morning...

I wake up, my face feels swollen, felt like I got smacked in the face with a frying pan.
I wake up still dressed with the dress on that Thalia gave me. I got up and got dressed into my normal clothes.

I hopped out the window onto Saba and rode over to Thalia's house to go drop off the dress she let me borrow. I felt nervous going, I was scared I was gonna see Archie, but I still went to drop it off anyway.

Making sure the cost was clear, I hopped off Saba and ran to the door placing the dress there. I ran back on top of her before anyone could see me but I was too late, as soon as I heard Archie's voice, I turn around to see Archie standing perfectly in front of the house, he just stood there staring at me, I stared back at him, he was about to come talk to me but I sped off.

My plan for today, was to avoid Archie for the whole day. I ran down to the field to find the others doing some fishing and farming.

I wonder what will happen next...?

To be continued...

Thanks for reading! Chapter 11 will be up soon!