Visitor

Ciel POV

I woke up yawning slightly after a good night's sleep. Even as a Goddess, Rimuru didn't want to throw away this concept. Well, 8 or more hours hugging for free, why should I do something against that?

"Ciel, you're moving too much.." Rimuru protested sleepy

"Ara, how cute dear~" I answered and cuddled myself tighter on her

Still, I couldn't ignore the feeling of her words, they seemed to hold a deeper meaning. Did she notice that I created a clone for a split second to clear up that messed timeline and to get my revenge?

"Where were you yesterday?" Rimuru asked without a hint of anger, surprisingly so.

'I knew it' I thought and sighed "I got our revenge and cleared everything up" There is no lying in our relationship besides teasing and thus are obvious lies.

"..."

"I know that your deepest wish is to live within tempest forever dear" I said while patting her head.

Once again, I could feel Rimuru falling into a state of despair. It wasn't anything visible from the outside, but I could feel it. At the same time, it left a sour feeling within me.

"I enjoy our time alone" was her answer after some time

"Same goes for me" I said with a bittersweet smile

'I guess it is not time yet' I thought while patting her head/hair.

3rd POV

Ciel knew that Rimuru just needed some more time. All the feelings that she had to withstand alone at that time made her believe not to fit such a position as a Ruler of a Nation. The Death of her Friends who trusted her must linger deep with him dragging her down.

What could Ciel do besides continuing their neat peaceful life?

Rimuru often tended to her garden while Ciel sat on a wooden bench at the house's door to look after Rimuru. Ciel enjoyed how happy she was doing such futile work to let a plant bloom when you could let it be ripe with magic easily.

"It wouldn't be the same without the work, sweat, and love you pour into it" Was Rimuru's usual answer

On the other hand, Ciel knew precisely what her wife meant with it and sometimes would even want to giggle a little, knowing that both of them behaved like an old married couple.

Ever since they started to live like this without any action for countless years, Ciel had watched Humans and how they lived in the Cardinal World, how a village without a name would suddenly become a large city with a simple variable of a merchant outpost or a rare material.

How Humans gathered strength, trained themselves, their beliefs, and reasons to do what they were doing. Ciel looked and studied it all. Of course, much was seen as unimportant and illogical to her.

Ciel didn't do that only because she wanted to learn more about being mortal and human. But, ever since becoming the Goddess of Authority by Rimuru's wish, she felt at least responsible for playing her role.

[Ultimate Skill : Goddess of the Valkyries]

[Full Authority] over Heaven and all its residents.

Able to Cast Holy Magic and Angle Summoning Magic freely to the highest degrees

Can imbue her Manas Core with this Authority, gaining the Form of the Goddess of Heaven.